Bad Guy Luis Estrada - Thief - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #11
Casey Hulse
I am not sure if this pertains to this disscusion, but if paypal try to take money from your acct. and it is not there, they will take it when it is there, so in essense you give up your ability to use paypal in the future.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
Earthworks
^ya i was thinking that, if the bank doesnt pay paypal(canceled) and paypal payed you(to you bank)...arent you still skrewed?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
Casey Hulse
Paypal once took a large amount of money out of one of their customers accounts, but they wanted another 1100 or so for the "charge back", if the customer ever received funds into his account, paypal would take them to cover it, so the customer was forced to stop accepting paypal payments. I think it was an unauthorized user (like a child) with a credit card. It happened to a lot of people on fauna years ago (including me) with Kim Felts (Babyslither) she used her husbands credit card and made lots of purchases thru paypal, they got a divorce and the husband disputed ALL of the payments. Paypal took $400 plus from our account and there was nothing we could do about it. Lucky for us Kim still had a modicum of integrity and got us repaid through another source..

Old 10-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #14
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I am not sure if this pertains to this disscusion, but if paypal try to take money from your acct. and it is not there, they will take it when it is there, so in essense you give up your ability to use paypal in the future.
In my case, my bank account is connected to my Paypal, so in essence the money is always there.

However, I do not understand how the buyer was able to get his money back without Paypal even trying to verify that the products were shipped? So, if Paypal is falling down on the job, you can bet that I am going to put in an extra layer of protection.

By setting it up so that Paypal has to be taking it from my account, I am afforded an extra layer of protection outside of Paypal's TOS. My bank doesn't take kindly to fraudent withdrawals. Paypal was supposed to have CONTACTED the seller before taking any of the listed actions above in the OP's post.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworks View Post
that sucks , off topic but were you at the show this last weekend?
Tyler was the promoter of that show.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
TylerStewart
Yeah, I was the promoter of the Las Vegas show, which is why I didn't deal with this over the weekend (had other things to think about).

I had moved the funds from my PayPal account over to the bank account, and normally do within a day or two, but when this happened, they hold any money you have in the PayPal account and can pull the rest from the bank account it's tied to. If I remember right, this time, it had my PayPal account go negative without affecting the bank account, then the next few payments that came in through PayPal just got put towards the negative amount. I think I've seen it work both ways.

PayPal says that I was warned that it was only "partially covered" since there was a glitch in the verified address thing, and that it's a risk I took by shipping. If I was simply to deny all orders that weren't confirmed addresses, I would lose a large amount of sales. Really, it's just the excuse I needed to move the bulk of my orders to a different card processor other than PayPal. Whether or not I was "warned" by them, the fact that they can take 3% of these sales and then play dumb or helpless when this kind of thing happens is pretty irritating to me. To me, if they can't back up the payment method, they shouldn't take 3%, but maybe I'm just too realistic!

hhmoore - I looked through the PayPal account, and there was no address in the payment. I don't know that they have a PayPal account at all, and probably just paid with a card (it doesn't tell me).

I'll get satisfaction one way or another. I don't care to go too much into detail since he's likely reading this right now, being a member here that was logged in as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #17
John3:16
I do business and use pay pal. The items I sell go for over $1000.00 each.
I am reallly interested in this thread as if this had happend to me, it would have been disastrous!!!

Quote:
Really, it's just the excuse I needed to move the bulk of my orders to a different card processor other than PayPal.
I am interested in this statement. Would you please give me more info on other providers that you might know of?
I don't want to hijack, so if you want to do it via Pm, that is fine.

I'm seriously alarmed now..........

Old 11-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #18
TylerStewart
Update

I have talked to the police in his city (which are apparently located right next to where he is), as well as my own, as well as filing a formal complaint on the FBI IC3.gov site (which my local police suggested). It's doubtful that I'll ever see a dime from this process, but it does put a flag on his name and address (the house isn't his, or hers, by the way, but the guy that owns it has been flagged also since he signed for one of the three packages). I have been assured by his local police that while they may not do much about it at this point unless directed by the IC3 people, he has been flagged and if it happens a second time they will take action.

In the meantime, I've had some creative suggestions sent to me for "justice" which should make for a fun / fulfilling time

Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #19
Focal
Sweet, keep us updated!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!