Info Just got this from SYR - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
garweft
Great, just in time for my shipment going out Monday.....

My question is are they stopping SYR shipments to check the contents, or ...

Like is the SYR account number flagged? So if I send a few geckos out thru SYR is there a chance they are going to pull it, and would this be a possible delay?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #12
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Great, just in time for my shipment going out Monday.....

My question is are they stopping SYR shipments to check the contents, or ...

Like is the SYR account number flagged? So if I send a few geckos out thru SYR is there a chance they are going to pull it, and would this be a possible delay?
That might be a good question to direct to SYR. That would be awful! Can't imagine them doing that, but guess you never know...

Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #13
Andy'sReptiles
I can't help but to wonder if by "irresponsible customer" they are referring to me...Though I was certainly not irresponsible.

Was kind of a coincidence that this happened while waiting for a return call from SYR about my snakes being denied...

Old 05-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
The Python Lab
I never got fed ex certified, stopped completely when I learned about SYR. Now I have snakes that need to be shipped next weekend and apparently no way to ship them. If anyone knows of a way to get these shipments through to their customers please pm me.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #15
Keefer's Reptiles
We just got the same e-mail too. This is crazy what are we suppose to do now? I have snakes to ship out and just bought all the shipping materials from SYR. And I know the prices are cheaper through SYR then going right through Fed Ex or UPS. I hope this doesn't take to long to fix!

Keith & Kathy

Old 05-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #16
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy'sReptiles View Post
I can't help but to wonder if by "irresponsible customer" they are referring to me...Though I was certainly not irresponsible.

Was kind of a coincidence that this happened while waiting for a return call from SYR about my snakes being denied...
I doubt it. If he said irresponsible I think he meant irresponsible. Like someone used SYR to ship venomous, or improper packaging that resulted in an escape and some unhappy UPS workers.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #17
dragonlvr64
I can't believe they are cutting this off right now. No notice. This will put a lot of people in a really bad spot!

Fed Ex will love it!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
Andy'sReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
I can't believe they are cutting this off right now. No notice. This will put a lot of people in a really bad spot!

Fed Ex is loving it!
Fixed it for you

I'm taking my two boxes down to FedEx in about an hour!

It kinda stinks to have to eat the extra cost.. but its worth it.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #19
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
How much of a price difference is there from Fed Ex to SYR?
This sucks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I've seen cheaper prices with FedEx vs. UPS. FedEx is more reliable in my opinion too.
I dont pay anymore than the industry standard with fedex... and the express vehicles are usually Vans... and the back is climate controlled. Wouldnt you want this for your animal vs a hot brown truck that doesnt even have AC for the driver?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #20
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by edenspets View Post
I never got fed ex certified, stopped completely when I learned about SYR. Now I have snakes that need to be shipped next weekend and apparently no way to ship them. If anyone knows of a way to get these shipments through to their customers please pm me.

Get certified

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!