Bad Guy Boamaster (Mark Venhorst) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #11
stevebinnig
I don't see that she made poor choices, except for maybe believing a unscrupulous dealer..is TRUST a poor choice? I don't think so...it turns out the poor choice was the choice of dealer and how would Allison know this guy would burn her so badly? People who are new fall easy prey to the jackasses out there..i'VE SOLD QUALITY SNAKES MUCH CHEAPER THAN MARKET VALUE; i DON'T SEE IT AS A POOR CHOICE TO TAKE A GOOD DEAL WHEN YOU SEE ONE..

Old 06-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #12
stevebinnig
It really bothers me that anyone would ship sick snakes out, in any situation. I've been working at a zoo or breeding herps in my house my entire life, and I've never had a snake with swollen scent glands.
Veteran herpers are here to mentor newer herpers, not to take advantage of their innocence.
I'd LOVE to hear what this guy has to say in his own defense.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
RubberDuckey273
I don't think it's right to sell animals to someone even if you're honest about the animals being sick. If they're sick, don't sell them. Even if the person buying them is 100% aware of what they're getting into, and thinks they can rehabilitate the animals, shipping is just too stressful.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #14
ShadowAceD
Do you have e-mails, pics of the animals and the vet reports to post?

Old 06-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #15
Iloverhacs
Not that I don't believe you, but you have posted no evidence what so ever. How does anyone know you aren't out to get him?

Thats what is wrong with this site. Its all opinion, you have proved nothing. No emails, no vet work, no receipts, only slander against someones name.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #16
bullies&balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloverhacs View Post
Not that I don't believe you, but you have posted no evidence what so ever. How does anyone know you aren't out to get him?

Thats what is wrong with this site. Its all opinion, you have proved nothing. No emails, no vet work, no receipts, only slander against someones name.
To say she has slanderd ones name is a reach for sure. I agree she needs to post her dealings and she said she will. Many people doing a bad guy and a post questioning ones sour dealings are hesitant to come out guns a blazing, especially against a "vetern" or "well known breeder" for fear of being crucified.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #17
sagespyder@yahoo.com
you do have to provide proof since this is a negative BOI thread. The more pics, e-mails, chats, vet reports you provide makes it easier for us all to see the whole picture. I am not saying I don't believe you, I am just saying that it is a part of posting in the BOI.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #18
Iloverhacs
What's slanderous is that people have already decided to never purchase from him without any evidence. They already have their mind made up, if evidence is never posted later they aren't necessarily going to re read this forum and change their mind. Evidence should be mandatory from the start.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #19
sagespyder@yahoo.com
that maybe true for some people but others who are looking up people may read the entire thread before coming to an conclusion. while i have already stated i wouldn't buy from him i do reserve the right to change my mind when more evidence comes to light :P

Old 06-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #20
Payara
Quote:
Originally Posted by apreske View Post
I will post the emails and vet papers another day.

Thanks,

Allison Preske, Joseph Lagenour
Patience is a virtue

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!