Flipping babies - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #11
Katie.Shinkle
Gary, I think everyone here agrees with you. It's the health of the animals that counts. I don't care if you flip, resell, breed, or even caught the animals, as long as you are honest and put the animals' health first.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #12
Gary O
Katie I am with you on that.

Webslave... I have seen that a lot too. When you lie about animals that also is a huge issue. but then again we have that issue with some breeders too saying problem feeders are great feeders. Sad thing to tell you the truth....

Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
Oh and yeah I have bought and resold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Not all resellers are this way, of course. Some buy, quarantine, offer good care and housing, and when the animal is later sold it is in good health.
Gary I'm pretty sure you are one of those people who take good care of his critters.....

Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #14
Sushi Dragons
I found it interesting that the word "flipper" hasn't come up in a recent thread on the BOI. A trade occurred in which one party shipped 40 babies in high temperatures so that the other party could then turn around, get back on the road with them, and sell them at a weekend show. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but I have to wonder if those babies were really feeling their best after all that time being shuffled around the country in deli cups.

I've also noticed that when certain people in the industry do certain things, it's "business as usual" for them, but when lesser entities practice these same activities they become labeled "flippers."

Old 09-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #15
BaltimoreBees
Ocassionally there are people on craigslist that will post up people they know are not practicing good business or are just ripping people off so I check it from time to time- mainly in my area, especially after dealing with this "kid" who is very rude when you don't give him free stuff than will try to smear your name. He claims to have RDR dreamsickles that he's selling for $3000 each and wants to meet face to face. I found out a lot about this dude just through CL...and a case search.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
MrBig
Personally I feel the well being, not just the health of the animals should be the primary concern. I personally would not buy an animal with the express purpose of reselling it. I'm not saying I wouldn't resell an animal, simply that I have never and would never make a purchase with that intention. I guess I fall into the hobby aspect of it for that reason. I have and would buy a large group for specific animals, but my taste and breeding desires change almost daily so I would keep the other animals for a fairly long time to see if they would fit into my projects. If they didn't I'd be more apt to trade them then sell them outright. I recently refused 2 sales because I felt that the animal would not receive the care that I come to expect for my animals. I instead made trades where I was not the one who made out amazingly, but instead my animals went to good homes and I received animals that I have plans for. My most recent trade I was offered a pastel and a normal for free on top of what I received and turned them down because I have no plans for them and no desire to get them simply for resale. I also agree that we need to band together, there are enough opposing forces to the reptile industry without us tearing it apart from the inside out. This is part of the reason I chose to support this site and become a contributing member, most people on here have a true love for these animals and the hobby as a whole and I am proud to be a part of this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!