Photo on black plexi? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #11
KrisGarner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
those are awesome! im gonna have to try making my own box with that stuff :P VERY neat idea!
I don't believe it was a box. If I remember, just the bottom was plexi, the sides and back were black cloth. I think if you did the sides and back, you might have a problem with flash reflection.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #12
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loungelizard
Heck, Richard, I actually thought you did it!
LOL Nah, I ain't that creative anymore. Seems like that part of my mind went dormant about 5 years ago.

But that picture is sweet. Looks like an awesome idea. Especially for albinos. The color contrast will be super nice.

I think the paint idea you mentioned will work out just fine though. Maybe keep the plexi wrapped in a cloth to avoid the scratches while handling or in storage.

Thanks for the ideas!
Rick

Old 06-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #13
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loungelizard
I don't believe it was a box. If I remember, just the bottom was plexi, the sides and back were black cloth. I think if you did the sides and back, you might have a problem with flash reflection.

I mean, a light box out of it, no flash required. I might try it just to see how well it might work. Could be a failure, or a success *shrugs* ^_^ Thanks though! sorry to be unclear, i do that alot.....

Old 06-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #14
KrisGarner
One of mine. Got some playing around to do with lighting and stuff. A word of advise, make sure your plexiglass and snake are clean. Mine are on paper towel at the moment, and the black shows EVERY tiny piece of lint and fuzz.

More pics

Old 06-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #15
crotalusadamanteus
Looks pretty good Kris. I imagine a can of air duster would help with the lint. Like just before putting the snake down there.

Been wanting to get some pics of mine, but they are all way to active for that right now. LOL

Turned out good. Thanks for sharing
Rick

Old 06-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #16
KrisGarner
Couple more

Even the hets look pretty good on it.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #17
KrisGarner
Thanks Rick

Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 AM   #18
BryonsBoas
Looks good bro. I haven't tried the plexi yet , been playing with black velvet myself.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:44 AM   #19
Dennis Hultman
Very nice shots! I really like the idea.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:31 AM   #20
crotalusadamanteus
I really like the contrast of the het on the black. looks real nice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!