Professionalism? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #11
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk of Life
Or how about

If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. ~Elbert Hubbard
Humorous.

The simple fact is, there are some, as it seems you wish to be Walk, who don't approve of those who call a turd a turd instead of something along the lines of poo pile.. Those you wish to represent, as it seems, would prefer PC or less "offensive" wording.

Cool.

For you.

Why should I, who have no problem calling a turd a turd, have to abide by your dictate that I use something akin to poo pile just so you don't get offended?

Some words are uncomfortable to hear. Some are uncomfortable to read. Some of us use them for just those reasons.

While I do respect your opinion, I do not appreciate you trying to force me, and I speak only for myself as I am one who will name names when appropriate, to make things all nicey nice for you, who does not even have the wherewithall to actually name those of whom you speak.

An idiot is an idiot.

A turd is a turd.

A scumbag is a scumbag.

Not saying the word does not change the apt application of the word, even though it may make you, just you, feel better.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #12
critical bill
-------------------------------
Ezekiel 25:17.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

-------------------------------

I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a dude before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw something this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.

But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

-'Jules' Pulp Fiction

Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #13
KelliH
Royale with cheese

Old 12-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #14
critical bill
LOL. You ever try mayo on your fries Kelli? Its pretty good.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #15
Walk of Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Humorous.

The simple fact is, there are some, as it seems you wish to be Walk, who don't approve of those who call a turd a turd instead of something along the lines of poo pile.. Those you wish to represent, as it seems, would prefer PC or less "offensive" wording.

Cool.

For you.

Why should I, who have no problem calling a turd a turd, have to abide by your dictate that I use something akin to poo pile just so you don't get offended?

Some words are uncomfortable to hear. Some are uncomfortable to read. Some of us use them for just those reasons.

While I do respect your opinion, I do not appreciate you trying to force me, and I speak only for myself as I am one who will name names when appropriate, to make things all nicey nice for you, who does not even have the wherewithall to actually name those of whom you speak.

An idiot is an idiot.

A turd is a turd.

A scumbag is a scumbag.

Not saying the word does not change the apt application of the word, even though it may make you, just you, feel better.
Wes,
You seemed to have assumed that I was referring to you when I used the term Leading Member. The fact is, your proclivity for stating your opinion in it's lowest common denominator is well known on this forum.

I simply pointed out my opinion which is that I feel that it is unbefitting of a person in authority here to stoop to that level. I have no expectation that my comments will enact any change. People are who they are and it is not for me to try and impose my will upon anyone, nor will I attempt as much.

My only goal is as I stated in my earlier post - nothing more.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #16
norsmis
"I'm the foot ***** Masta!"

Old 12-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #17
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk of Life
Wes,
You seemed to have assumed that I was referring to you when I used the term Leading Member. The fact is, your proclivity for stating your opinion in it's lowest common denominator is well known on this forum.

I simply pointed out my opinion which is that I feel that it is unbefitting of a person in authority here to stoop to that level. I have no expectation that my comments will enact any change. People are who they are and it is not for me to try and impose my will upon anyone, nor will I attempt as much.

My only goal is as I stated in my earlier post - nothing more.
The thing about ASSumptions.......

I've never considered myself a leading member. A loud member, sure. An outspoken member, yup. An annoying member, absodamnlutely. An honest member, yup again.

You however, I think have recurring delusions of granduer. I think you've been here before under another name spouting the same tired drivel as you are now.

Have you ever posted on fauna using another name?

Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #18
critical bill
Eerily similar writing style to Shrillomn.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #19
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I have noticed in a couple threads recently that the level of professionalism exhibited by some of our "leading members" appears to be somewhat on the wane. When did it become appropriate for those whose lead we are supposed to follow, to engage in name calling and other rude behavior towards other members?
If you imply there are members who lead, you also suggest there are those that follow. There's nothing you can do (or should do) to change other people's behavior. There will always be people who will be more vocal and those who feel that have a certain seniority among others. In fact it's probably better to let them be as transparent as possible so we can all see them for what they are. In all honesty it's difficult to believe an individual will behave differently behind the computer as he will in real life. The freedom of expression that we all enjoy in here allow us to better understand the individuals you are dealing with. You don't need to agree with them, just read, internalize, and in the future use this information to decide who you want to associate with and who you don't. One final thing, if you are not who you claim to be you automatically enter the "do not interact with list".

Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #20
jsrocket
Hoo boy, this is getting a bit abstract, even for me. Focus? Point?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!