WANTED...... ANY INFORMATION YOU KNOW ON COATIS KANGAROOS OR WALLABYS - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #11
mus1cizmythang
Thanks for the information, Kiki! Well I have a 11 year old a 13 year old and a 5 year old so they are all pretty good around pets. My 5 year old is for the most part gentle, because we have 4 birds, 3 ferrets, a bunny, a hamster, a dog, a cat, and use to have 7 puppies. So I think we would be fine. Do you think, by a chance, that a wallaby would be able to get along with a kid-friendly horse? It may sound like a silly question, but we are currently building a barn and a pen. (Sorry for so many questions) What do the wallabies eat, and would they get along with most of the pets in our house that I listed?

Thanks SO much for your time. You're a great help.

-Matt
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
PD4Ever
I have an Albino Bennett's Joey available now for $3200. Shipping is $250

Contact Ken's Exotics at 217-531-8921

Old 05-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #13
mus1cizmythang
Well, that is quite a bit out of our price range.. I don't think we want an albino either, considering they are more expensive then regular joeys.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #14
damesta
I have a wallaby available in the Houston area for quite a bit cheaper, here:

http://houston.kijiji.com/c-Pets-Oth...QAdIdZ58637362

Old 08-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
TTexotics
Sorry for my 3month late response! LOL, I don't get on here much. For the most part wallabies are easy going and aslong as they're raised with the animals they're going to be with, they'll get along with them. You just have to worry about the other animals hurting the wallaby because they are very flighty and fragile. The only thing you're really going to have to worry about is Toxoplasmosis (you can google that if you don't know what it is) it's basically a parasite that grows in cat and ferret poop and it can be deadly to your macropod (wallabies, kangaroos) if ingested. A wallaby would probably get along fine with your older children but your youngest would have to be supervised if in direct contact with it. For the most part if your wallaby is running around your house, it will more than likely just run away from your youngest untill it feels comfortable around him/her. My wallabies eat Mazuri Macropod feed, which I order from my pet store in 30lb bags once every few weeks. If you only have one, a 30lb bag will last upwards of a month and usually cost around $28-$30 a bag. So the food bill isn't too expensive. Things do get costly when raising a baby wallaby though. They need special marsupial feeding nipples which you can only order online, they need special formula, special bonding/sleeping pouches that you can only get online, they'll also need a baby play pen with a cover for when you can't keep a direct on eye on it. Things definantly rack up in price quick when you're dealing with a joey. My wallabies also enjoey carrots, apples, lettuce, watermelon and other fruits/veggies aswell as stripping the bark off of apple branches for entertainment. Anyway hope this answered a few more of your questions. If I can be of help in any way you can reach me at kanucas4@aol.com.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread