Bad Guy "Jim Cortez" or animaltrucker - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
thelovelessjagg
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Perhaps though....someone else who is young and naive will read this post and be able to learn from your mistakes as well....so it's not really negative to point out the red flags. SOMEone might learn from this.
SOME of the others who were scammed by him / her wern't YOUNG and NAIVE so quit stereotyping.

**meggan lott**

Old 11-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #12
John E Dove
Ms. Lott,
Please stop looking for points to be offended by.
The point being made was that your bad experience may prove a useful lesson for others.
Most people who fall for the Western Union scam tend to be less experienced which on the average would tend to be younger people. Yes there are older people with less experience, or who were seeking the to good to be true deal, who have been scammed this way. But on the whole it tends to happen to the inexperience.
Your thread is unlikely to effect this person by name since he or she is probably using an alias but it may go a long way toward helping others to learn/remember not to send payment via Western Union unless they can positively verify the person they are paying is someone they can trust.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #13
Royal Morphz
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelovelessjagg View Post
SOME of the others who were scammed by him / her wern't YOUNG and NAIVE so quit stereotyping.

**meggan lott**
I say this would be a great representation of someone that doesn't need our help but just wanted to come to the BOI to warn everyone. That is only part of what the BOI is hun. The other part is for us to help you realize where you "screwed the pooch" in your deal. I'm being frank so don't take offense, but Im responding to your attitude. What makes anyone want to help someone who so clearly doesnt want our help?

Old 11-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #14
Wolfy-hound
By the wording, you were not being called 'young and naive'. Its referring to others who might be young and naive. You could be old and naive, or just too trusting. I'd call you naive, just because you got over excited at a 'deal' and went ahead with it, despite his not answering your questions. That's how scammers work. They make sure the offer makes you forget the inconsistancies.
To be more concise and not quoting the entirety of the thread, here's some of the Red Flags
#1 No address, phone number, personal info offered.
#2 Western Union, without I.D.
#3 Claims of personal issues that cause the non-availability of reasonable requests, such as I.D., bank accounts, paypal info, shipping info, health certificates, etc.
#4 Repeated assurances that there are "many other offers" but YOU are the special one that the scammer has picked out for the deal. (who knows how many others were told the same, and maybe even sent monies as well!)
#5 Payment sent to any address other than the seller's shipping from address. Especially a Red Flag if it's in another state. A variant is sometimes "My friend is going to recieve the funds for me", where the supposed friend is owed money, or has the animals, or will transfer funds because of credit issues.
#6 It's a real "deal", where the animals offered are rarely found, especially at the price. Repeated advising of how the scammer paid more for them, but "has to sell" due to some made up story.
I hope you do get your money back. I'd advise you to try to find out the scammers name and address, so that you can file charges. I REALLY hope that your misfortune can teach others some of the warning signs of a deal that shouldn't be taken.
Theresa Baker

Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #15
Dennis Hultman
Just a FYI,

Part of this transaction was covered in this thread.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=121054

The scammer mentioned here was also using these user names on this forum.

adamhale
animaltrucker
heatheringram
marklawson
jennysmith

Old 11-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #16
JudyC
Quote:

**meggan lott**
I'm not stereotyping anybody. All I suggested was that other people can learn from this thread, so it's not entirely negative. "Young" people (ie: inexperienced) and/or "naive" (ie: too trusting or too eager for that too-good-deal) people might learn something.

From your very own words in your own e-mails, you seem to fall into both categories....but that's not at all what I was trying to say to begin with. And there's nothing wrong with being either young OR naive.....so long as you're willing to grow and learn.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #17
Royal Morphz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I'm not stereotyping anybody. All I suggested was that other people can learn from this thread, so it's not entirely negative. "Young" people (ie: inexperienced) and/or "naive" (ie: too trusting or too eager for that too-good-deal) people might learn something.

From your very own words in your own e-mails, you seem to fall into both categories....but that's not at all what I was trying to say to begin with. And there's nothing wrong with being either young OR naive.....so long as you're willing to grow and learn.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #18
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:

**meggan lott**
Megan,

You need to remember that YOU brought this problem here. No one nosed into your business. You put your business here.

If you do not like the comments and remarks, just stop reading the responses.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!