Pride... apparently nonexistent? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #11
Soterios
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckyle View Post
Am I the only one who gets pissed off when people don't bother to use correct grammar/spelling/etc. when they're trying to sell their animals? I mean, for god's sake. Take some pride in them!

Just something that really bugs me, I guess.
"Just something that really bugs me, I guess." is a sentence fragment.

Sorry, I'm a jerk. I'm a lovable jerk though, right?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:57 AM   #12
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
It's David himself.

I do believe that is a freshly shed roach.
I was unaware there were any of you humans who could see me in my true form.

Correct, Sammy, it is a freshly molted Madagascar hissing cockroach.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #13
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
I was unaware there were any of you humans who could see me in my true form.
I seen Men in Black. I know an interstellar cockroach when I see one.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #14
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
I seen Men in Black. I know an interstellar cockroach when I see one.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #15
kmurphy
I get tired of people complaining about the spelling and grammar in the posts. If I can't figure out what the person is attempting to say then that's a problem but I really don't care if they use; they're, their or there, as long as I get what they mean. Besides we all make mistakes.

Quote:
When what you write is not spelled properly(, )or is not grammatically accurate, it suggests several problems including the following:

1) You're not very educated and thus have no business commenting on the topic.
2) You don't care enough about what you're talking about to even spell(,)or phrase(,)it right (correctly).
3) You don't care if, (or how ?) , what you are saying is received accurately. Actually I'm not really sure what this one meant.
4) You are under the illusion that errors in grammar and spelling are "charming." They're not.
5) If this is your attitude with basic communication, what is your attitude with everything else?

As for ESL speakers- That is different. I am accustomed to reading/talking with people who may be highly educated but struggle with English. I can differentiate between those posts and would never criticize those people. They still use capitals at the beginning of sentences. The errors are usually consistent, medical terms are usually spelled correctly, and the thoughts formulated are intelligent.
Not trying to pick on anyone as I make more than my share of errors.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #16
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
I get tired of people complaining about the spelling and grammar in the posts. If I can't figure out what the person is attempting to say then that's a problem but I really don't care if they use; they're, their or there, as long as I get what they mean. Besides we all make mistakes.

Not trying to pick on anyone as I make more than my share of errors.
Yeah I had a "nice" reply for this person myself, Kevin. But decided they were too shallow and small minded to even bother with.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
R. Eventide
There's a big difference between typos/misused words and what (I think) people are referring to here. I'm not gonna get on someone's case for misusing homophones (though they should've learned that in 3rd grade). But chronic lack of punctuation, capital letters where needed, text speak, etc. is just lazy and makes trying to understand posts nearly impossible.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #18
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Eventide View Post
There's a big difference between typos/misused words and what (I think) people are referring to here. I'm not gonna get on someone's case for misusing homophones (though they should've learned that in 3rd grade). But chronic lack of punctuation, capital letters where needed, text speak, etc. is just lazy and makes trying to understand posts nearly impossible.
I wont argue that at all. I wont even bother reading a post if it is just one long run on sentence with no capitalization and little to no punctuation. Or if it is a bunch of incoherent text gibberish. I am trying to read, not interpret.

As far as a misspelled word or improper grammar here and there..... people really need to get over themselves. I know I misspell things and break every rule of written English there is, but I highly doubt anyone has any problems understanding what I am trying to convey.

So yes, I understand both sides here. I just feel some folks are entirely too anal retentive about it though.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #19
tinmantribe5
Hi guys I misspell from time to time (too), haha.Now lets get real here lets not forget about mentally challenged people they cannot help that they misspell a word or two,I only say this because I have a mentally challenged 18 year old son and I would hate to think that he should not use a platform like this because he does not spell properly.I would like to stick up for the lower Income people who may not have had a proper Education or the social up bringing that some of us may have.Well its kind of like this are you smarter than this guy becuase he can not spell Mississippi but can fix your Damm car or plumbing in your house I dont think so do you really ,just give people a little slack sometimes and just listen to what they are saying and not spelling.That is just my opinion,Thank you the Tinman

Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #20
mckyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmantribe5 View Post
Hi guys I misspell from time to time (too), haha.Now lets get real here lets not forget about mentally challenged people they cannot help that they misspell a word or two,I only say this because I have a mentally challenged 18 year old son and I would hate to think that he should not use a platform like this because he does not spell properly.I would like to stick up for the lower Income people who may not have had a proper Education or the social up bringing that some of us may have.Well its kind of like this are you smarter than this guy becuase he can not spell Mississippi but can fix your Damm car or plumbing in your house I dont think so do you really ,just give people a little slack sometimes and just listen to what they are saying and not spelling.That is just my opinion,Thank you the Tinman
Shawn, I don't think anyone has a problem with a few typos here and there - we're mainly talking about blatant disregard for using proper English at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!