Adam Block banging on the door - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-08-2003, 03:32 AM   #11
DarksideBoas
Kara....EGGsactly!!! *still grinning....

Old 11-08-2003, 01:56 AM   #12
HerpVenue
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=28525

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&pagenumber=35

In response to your threads above.

Quote:
Then case in point! I don't see you telling Bob this thread isn't about Jeff Miller and weather Savannah knows him.

Ritchie, let's face it, you're like a groupie for me. The only person you have any interest in policing is me. I haven't seen a tread I posted in you haven't talked about my wife, NERD or if I didn't or didn't buy a snake from a show. Why don't you focus on something more productive then me, following me around and pointing out anything you don't like that I'm saying. Get over it best friend buddy boy, time for you to move on partner..

Quote:
Then case in point! I don't see you telling Bob this thread isn't about Jeff Miller and weather Savannah knows him.
I was not in that discussion. And as I already said. I have not read the whole thing. I only responded because you decided to attack me just because you thought I would not see it. And you only did it after someone else also attacked me. hence you are the sheep and bandwagon jumper you claim not to be.
And as for your quote. I do not have to tell Bob who the thread is about. He has the right to tell us the history of the poster making accusations. It puts the poster in a different light. And it was important to the thread. And all I am saying was the thread was not about me so leave me out of it. If Bob talked about me on that thread I would tell him the same thing. So cry me a river.
Poor Adam does not get fair treatment because he is a known LIAR.

Quote:
Ritchie, let's face it, you're like a groupie for me. The only person you have any interest in policing is me. I haven't seen a tread I posted in you haven't talked about my wife, NERD or if I didn't or didn't buy a snake from a show. Why don't you focus on something more productive then me, following me around and pointing out anything you don't like that I'm saying. Get over it best friend buddy boy, time for you to move on partner
Here is a link for you.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...highlight=NERD

Now you can see a thread where I have NOT answered just because you posted in it. In fact I can come up with lots more.
Me your groupie? Can you show me where in the aforementioned links I was even involved? I was not involved. I did not post. I did not read. But yet you decided to mention me by name and attack me on a thread I was no where near. And a thread that was not even about me.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGhost
I've done quite a bit of growing up the past 9 months and will not only show fauna the respect it deserves but, will also only spend my time on the BOI productively, helping people and doing good while I'm here.
1. it seems you have not grown up.
2. Attacking me on a thread that does not concern me is not being productive.
3. Posting out of topic messages about me is not being productive.

I guess it is the same old Adam Block. Just a different day.
Apologizing and saying he has changed....but he has not.

So you say you have not bought a snake in a long time.........
yeah we believe it.
Sorta like the way you NEVER EVER buy from shows because it lessens the quality of the animals you have.
Lies lies lies.

So lets see you be productive Adam.
Lets see your next post be a productive post.

ps http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...highlight=NERD

That is a link where Adam Block had a reptile for two months and it died in his care but decided to blame someone else for it

Old 11-08-2003, 09:18 AM   #13
Classic Dum's
Quote:
That is a link where Adam Block had a reptile for two months and it died in his care but decided to blame someone else for it
Now lets not forget that he couldnt even prove he bought the animals from the person he accused much less prove their was an animal or that it died of what he said.

oh richie shame on us according to adam we are not aloud to talk about last year, wheres the webslave and those warning points when you need them lol

oh and last lets not forget about "I dont owe anyone in TX anywhere close to $500", "I do owe chad somewhere from $360-500" now those arent exact qoutes just off the top of my head, point being

Quote:
show fauna the respect it deserves but, will also only spend my time on the BOI productively
youve acomplished that goal well LOL

Old 11-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #14
thomas davis
pretty funny

loving this board,,,also have allways been curious as to adam posting here?thought he got himself banned?,,though i must say as of late he seems????better ?,,,,i guess
thomas davis

Old 11-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #15
Adam Block
Okay Ritchie, because of the fact that you're so over zealous and the result is often an extremely wordy, hard to follow post I will address your ever lingering questions one at a time. When you're happy with the answers we can then move to your next question. However, please just ask a clear question and don’t spend an hour looking up links and so on.

I will say that you're going on a "hunch" is something that has blinded you to many facts. Going on a hunch or gut feel is the smart thing to do however when it clouds your judgment and the facts, blinding you to any other possibility it's no longer smart but ignorant.

Reptiles (This doesn't include insects) I have bought from shows:

1991 1.1 Snow corns, Mark Bell.
1997 1.2 Russian Rats, AZ Breeder.
99 or 00 1.2 Striped Ghost and het corns, Mike Falcon.

My own personal feeling was that I couldn't provide the quality I wanted to people without the control I had from not buying at shows. My collection of snakes was very private and many close friends even joked that you had to put on a “def-con 4 suit” to even see it.

When I would do business with local pet stores I would often go to the back of my house and undress at the back door then go directly to my shower.

This anal obsession with mites and other things was making my hobby less and less fun for me and caused an excessive amount of stress and worry.

I felt I wanted to do reptiles as a business and as such didn't feel shows were right for me. If you speak with any of my close personal friends they will back up just how anal I was about my collection.

Those people would be:

Jim Kane
Walt Deptula
Chad Fuchs

The first two, mainly Jim Kane was also fairly obsessive (to an unhealthy point) about their collection.

This of course doesn't make me better then; maybe in some ways even worse then many others as it effected my enjoyment of owning a collection of snakes.

As I said, I just didn't feel, mainly in 01, 02 and 03 many times having 500 snakes including my adults and babies that I could stay as on top of or control any outbreaks if I were to do or buy from reptile shows.

This of course was still my feeling in 2003 mainly due to the number of snakes I had and was producing. When I decided to sell my collect and get down to 10-15 snakes it was then of course less of an issue for me.

The snakes that I had from the 03 Daytona show was at a time my collection was down to 7 snakes I'd intended to keep and having two building to keep reptiles in I had a place for my personal collection and the snakes I'd yet to sell that at the time only numbered about 20-50, I can't honestly remember now.

With only 7 snakes none of them being offered for sale I didn't feel a outbreak of any type would have been a threat to the snakes I had been selling as I knew I was all but finished breeding snakes in any capacity other then as a very small time hobbyist. Selling my collection as mainly people know was sort of an overnight decision and the result was the appearance that I was maybe not telling the truth about buying from shows when in fact I’d just given up on be a “snake breeder” almost overnight and instead chose to work with a few snakes that I really liked.

I hope this clears things up to some extent for you Ritchie and while I know I made it sound like I was part of an Elite group of collectors that didn’t do shows it wasn’t meant to be a “we’re better then you” sort of thing. At the time that was my feeling but that was mainly to comfort myself with the stress that me being so anal caused me.

Old 11-08-2003, 06:51 PM   #16
HerpVenue
Quote:
When I would do business with local pet stores I would often go to the back of my house and undress at the back door then go directly to my shower.
Wow. Interesting

But wait Look what I found on page three of the following link
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=7678

Quote:
In any event, I'm in a group of breeders that focus on quality (not that others don't). To keep that quality I don't do reptile shows, pet stores or allow visitors to my house. It's not for me to mention the breeders that do or don't agree with this forum but you can see who does and doesn't post.
Quote:
The snakes that I had from the 03 Daytona show was at a time my collection was down to 7 snakes
1. If this is a typo and you meant 02. You still lied to us when you said you do not obtain from Reptile shows. You can butter it up all you want. But you still said you do not do reptile shows. But the truth is your partner bought multiple animals from a show and at least one of them was housed at your place.

2. If you really meant to put 03. Well I thought you said you had not purchased in the last six (6) months. I can get that quote for you if you want.

Oh yeah I remember. You say YOU don't do reptile shows.
But you never said your "partner" does not do them.

Okay you said you bought those things in 03. We know you really meant 02 because it was last year.

Now lets see something else

Quote:
As I said, I just didn't feel, mainly in 01, 02 and 03 many times having 500 snakes including my adults and babies that I could stay as on top of or control any outbreaks if I were to do or buy from reptile shows.

This of course was still my feeling in 2003 mainly due to the number of snakes I had and was producing. When I decided to sell my collect and get down to 10-15 snakes it was then of course less of an issue for me.

The snakes that I had from the 03 Daytona show was at a time my collection was down to 7 snakes I'd intended to keep and having two building to keep reptiles in I had a place for my personal collection and the snakes I'd yet to sell that at the time only numbered about 20-50, I can't honestly remember now.
Something does not sound right.
You say the reason you bought is because your collection would not be in danger due to the fact you had so few. 7 Snakes.
And out of those seven snakes you were able to get your collection to above 500?..................they must be somekind of super duper breeders.

Your post sounds like the post of a guy who has been caught lying AGAIN and is trying to cover his tracks.

1 one post says in 01, 02 ,03 you had over 500 snakes.
2. One post says you only bought from shows because you were down to 7.
3. In 02 your partner bought some snakes and they stayed at your place.
4. Now in 03 you bought some snakes

I am not following your train of thought.

TOO MUCH BACK PEDDLING

Old 11-08-2003, 06:58 PM   #17
HerpVenue
I guess I better make it clear.

One post says you do not do reptile shows.
One posts says your partner bought multiple animals at shows and housed them at your place.

One post says you do not allow visitors.
One post says your partner delivered the animals at your place (I guess he was not allowed inside.....but the show animals were)

One post says in 01, 02, 03 you had over 500 animals.
Another post says you only bought from shows because your collection was down to 7 animals. (But your partner bought in 02 and now you say you bought in 03) hence I guess you do not have over 500 animals in 02 and 03

One post says you have not bought anything in the last year
One post says you have not bought anything in a long time
One post says you have not bought anything in the past 6 months.
One post says you bought from the 03 Daytona show

Old 11-08-2003, 07:07 PM   #18
HerpVenue
I found this at this link posted on 11/4/03http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28525&perpage=5&pagenum ber=4
Quote:
1) I produce ZERO snakes!

2) I make NO money off reptiles!

3) I'm not looking to get anything from anybody having to do with herps!

4) I haven't bought a snake in at least 6 months.

5) I have no interest or need in advertising on, using or posting at kingsnake.

okay that totally differs from this quote by Adam Block which can be found in his prior post dated 11/8/03

Quote:

The snakes that I had from the 03 Daytona show was at a time my collection was down to 7 snakes

1. He does not produce snakes. But had over 500 in 01, 02, 03.
Did he buy them from shows? which he says he doesn't
Did he produce them? Which he says he produces none

2. He has not bought anything in at least six months.
Wasn't Daytona just this past August?

3. He makes no money with reptiles.
I guess since he has over 500 animals...none of them breed.

Old 11-08-2003, 07:08 PM   #19
HerpVenue
correction on the link

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&pagenumber=4

Old 11-08-2003, 07:11 PM   #20
brucestephenson
I heard that these guys Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton called each other out over basically the same thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!