Auctions allowed? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 AM   #11
Yaz23
Will do Rich, thanks

(Just posted the auction up for my Coral Sunglow)

Old 04-17-2010, 02:34 AM   #12
Yaz23
Dean (sorry missed your post), I'm still containing the same info/gurantee as my normal 'sale' ads. I did set a start price just because I'm not letting him go for less than what my ultimate lowest is (which is my start price), you know what I mean?

I listed all the details in my ad for everyone to see. I also stated if anyone had any specific questions to ask me as well.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:44 AM   #13
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz23 View Post
Dean (sorry missed your post), I'm still containing the same info/gurantee as my normal 'sale' ads. I did set a start price just because I'm not letting him go for less than what my ultimate lowest is (which is my start price), you know what I mean?

I listed all the details in my ad for everyone to see. I also stated if anyone had any specific questions to ask me as well.
Well, that is what I mean by a reserve Yaz. You set the min bid as your reserve so the snake will sell without a "hidden" reserve.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:46 AM   #14
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Just remember that this will be between the seller and the buyer, and management here has no intention of getting involved. Auctions tend to be more of a headache than straight out sales tend to be (I ran FaunaAuctions a while back....... ), so you all have to understand that if problems crop up, you will have to deal with them yourself as best you can.
I totally agree Rich. It would be a headache for you as well as everyone else concerned if Fauna had to get involved in any way whatsoever. However, I do think that some sort of post or thread with some guidelines stating rules or disclaimers would be a good idea.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:47 AM   #15
chamgirl99471
I would still include your TOS in your auction.. for example.. Guaranteed Live arrival for however long after they arrive.. you guarantee that the person will be satisfied with the animal and so forth and so on!! Just my .02

Old 04-17-2010, 03:07 AM   #16
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamgirl99471 View Post
I would still include your TOS in your auction.. for example.. Guaranteed Live arrival for however long after they arrive.. you guarantee that the person will be satisfied with the animal and so forth and so on!! Just my .02
I agree and that is why I suggest it. Most auctions as well as auction houses are an "as-is" sale. I will always use my TOS unless I would be forced to use something with a higher standard. I think, for the most part, mine would supercede anything imposed on me as I really try to stand behind what I sell.

Being in an industry where every customer complains even if you are the best has taught me a few things about servicing your customers (wireless sales). All I can do is make whom I sell my product to happy and aware.

The nice thing is that I can absolutely choose whom I sell to if I am not doing auction sales though so I may not partake in selling this way. I do think it is a good option for us as Fauna Classifieds users to have though.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:26 PM   #17
Yaz23
Agreed. I did include all my info/gurantees etc. with my auction. I thought it would be interesting doing it this way instead of just selling him (which I had a previous ad for him at $1000 + shipping). Now hes $650 starting bid. We'll see how it goes. He's a great snake and any buyer will be more than satisfied with him.

Dean, that adult albino you missed out on is doing well and the buyer is more than happy; you know you want my coral sunglow dont miss out!

Old 04-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #18
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
I totally agree Rich. It would be a headache for you as well as everyone else concerned if Fauna had to get involved in any way whatsoever. However, I do think that some sort of post or thread with some guidelines stating rules or disclaimers would be a good idea.
Sorry, but no. I don't intend (at least at this time) of getting involved to the level where I have to make rules and guidelines. If I do so, then I have to enforce them. I would suggest that everyone engaging in posting an auction CLEARLY state their own rules and guidelines for their auction. That way if there is any confusion or problems, that will be of your own doing, and not because of me nor this site.

Of course, the general rules for this site DO apply to the auctions, but beyond that, you are on your own with this. I really don't want people coming to me with complaints that they won an auction and the seller won't sell to them, or a buyer won't send payment when he or she said he would.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #19
ToddMusto67
That's completely Understandable Rich.. I can see where this may get out of hand but hopefully it will work for the few who try it I would rather just put OBO in my ad that way I have the choice whether I want to sell to that person or not

Whoever places an ad for an auction should note that it has nothing to do with the Fauna Staff and any problems or questions need to go through the OP who listed the auction!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!