Heads up on Fed Ex - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
Andrew Larson
Any more news on this? I dont understand the difference between shipping a white and brown box. Just doesnt make sense.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Larson View Post
Any more news on this? I dont understand the difference between shipping a white and brown box. Just doesnt make sense.
I had to do with the labeling on the white box. The red perishable lettering. It makes it easy to segregate from other boxes. Evidently some where shipping fish (bags broke) and some had dry ice in the boxes (not declared). From what I was told, they are doing spot checks since these are the most used type of boxes that unapproved shippers are using.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
bigdogg
If this does become a problem. Just go to your local Office Max or Office Depot. Buy boxes there. Usually on special Buy 2 or 3 and get one free. Then go to you local home improvement store and buy a sheet of styrofoam. This is the only way I usually ship unless I fall upon some of the Superior Enterprise boxes. Making you own is super cheap though. Usually have about 2-3 bucks in each box max. I also only ship UPS SYR.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
garweft
I usually just go with UPS since I've been using them so long and now with the SYR discount it's even better. I usually make my own boxes but our local Lowe's doesn't have the extruded poly in anything except 2" thick. I don't like cutting the expanded poly because it's a mess and the other sheet insulation looks like fiberglass or something. I didn't feel like driving to Pittsburgh hoping to find 3/4 extruded poly.....

If it's just spot checks I'll take my chances today I guess. Once these boxes are gone I think I'm going back to the plain old brown box from now on.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
garweft
Wish these guys some luck.....

Old 05-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #16
Metachrosis
Spot checks are spot checks,their done with K/9's and XRay.
Must be probable cause to actually open a container in the.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #17
Metachrosis
Must be probable cause to actually open a container in the United States
If you receive a box thats been tampered with call you local hub/Service Center Management.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #18
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Wish these guys some luck.....
They made it, white box and all. Alive and well..... and unopened. At least if they are doing spot checks they are not opening and delaying everything.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
sinisterserpents1
I'm shipping my snake tomorrow in a white SYR box. Wish her luck also lol Your lil frogs are so cute! Glad they made it safe and sound!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #20
Amelanistic Orca
UPS did it to me with a brown box last week or so.. Told me not to do it again!! Guess what, I did again anyways!! 3 since with both UPS and Fedex, no hiccups since... It appears to be random and happening more often yes.. I had an interesting telephone conversation with a head honcho at a fedex hold facility during this incident.. They thought a female mojave ball python was a cobra of course; since she periscoped outta the bag "they" opened... I was flaming embarassed at first; then I laid the hammer down on her whereabouts; having been mia (that's; missing in action for the unknowing) for two days, her health, no contact, no info entered in to the system for 48 hrs., and, well, they put her on heat after my conversation needless to say!!! Annnnd, they got her to my customer who I praise for his commitments to my daughter, lol, days off work and what not chasing a ghost for a couple days.. I honestly changed my looms on the third morning boy!!! But, these little ice cube refreezable thingies I get from lifoam.com.. Or at Fry's grocery outlets here in Az. They allow me to sleep at night during the hot months shipping.. I swear, everytime I ship, I look like Clark Griswold, "this is crazy this is crazy this is crazzzzy!!!", hands clappin and all!!! lol..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!