Puffing/Bulging eyeballs. -- UPDATE... Not good! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 04:38 AM   #11
angie.h
Sorry about the dragon Dan..how did you apply the povidine when treating the foot nip? Was it a bath or just brushed on. I'm just throwing this out there...if she was bathed in it is there a possibility that it irritated her eyes ? Even a bad allergic reaction?

Old 05-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
bliss
Hey Angie,

Well, I was recommended to bath her in water, and let her drink and defecate (should she need to), and then empty that water, refill with just enough to cover her feet, and use just a small amount of povidine in the water, just enough to make it look like a very very weak tea. Most of the times, she was kinda on the wall in a corner with her back feet in and the rest of her body up the side of the corner (this girl never liked bath-time). Then I would always rinsed her off, and put her back in her home.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #13
dragonluver83
Sry to hear the bad news Dan.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #14
bliss
Hey Tom,

It is very unfortunate. I wish I knew how this had happened.

Also, it might be important to note that upon inspecting her body, I found that her eyes look very sunken in. I know that probably happens naturally to many reptiles, but her eyes looks EXTREMELY sunken, and her eyelids were sagging like flaps of skin hanging off, I guess from where the eyelids were stretched. Maybe the pressure was too much on her head?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!