Can anyone help in New York?. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #11
bigjej
Ok found the info and you were correct ( see page 2 and 3 ). I was really surpised to see the extent of the forbidden species. Do kingsnakes fall under the colubrid category?
http://home2.nyc.gov/html/doh/downlo...healthcode.pdf

( sorry to go off topic so feel free to move to another thread ).

Old 08-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
Cameleon Col
Thanx "bigjej" for your info. much appreciated mate. I don't know nothing about snakes mate, so I can't comment about anything to do with them, have enough probs. getting Chams. in to the U.K. :-(

Col.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #13
bwt501
Sorry to say but there are no reptile shops in NYC. But i can recommend that you take the subway (thats our Underground) up to Bronx Zoo. It has an amazing collection and after a week of staying in Times Square , those will be the only animals that you will appreciate during your stay. Cheers!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:07 AM   #14
Cameleon Col
Thankyou for the info. Lon,(bwt501) "Your a star mate", much appreciated. What's the weather like in New York this time of the year? is it like the U.K. pouring down rain? but hey, I've never been to the States, so who cares, hehehe... Our hotel is next door to an Irish bar, so will def. be going in there. I LOVE THE IRISH, GREAT PEOPLE, and I love the rebel folk music, (mom's Irish blood) So come rain, sunshine, It's going to be great. I've heard all about how good your burgers are in the States :-) much bigger, and better than our's in England, with a pint of Guinness, I CAN'T WAIT :-):-)

Col.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #15
shlages
Weather...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleon Col View Post
Thankyou for the info. Lon,(bwt501) "Your a star mate", much appreciated. What's the weather like in New York this time of the year? is it like the U.K. pouring down rain? but hey, I've never been to the States, so who cares, hehehe... Our hotel is next door to an Irish bar, so will def. be going in there. I LOVE THE IRISH, GREAT PEOPLE, and I love the rebel folk music, (mom's Irish blood) So come rain, sunshine, It's going to be great. I've heard all about how good your burgers are in the States :-) much bigger, and better than our's in England, with a pint of Guinness, I CAN'T WAIT :-):-)

Col.
The weather right now is in the mid 90's. But there is a hurricane headed up the east coast that they think may hit here Friday with alot of wind & rain. Expected temp this weekend after the storm is supposed to be in the upper 70's low 80's.
& yes kingsnakes are considered colubrids. There are pet stores,but as stated before you will find hardly any species due to the laws & what you will find will most likely be cared for improperly. The zoo will be your best bet.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #16
Cameleon Col
Hi ya John, Thankyou for your info. ye, I've seen on our news re-the hurricane that's heading your way, take care mate, hope all o.k. and you don't get the eye of the storm??..
We in the U.K. are lucky that we don't get extreme bad weather that often, not like your's anyhow. Do you think the storm will be gone by Monday? that's when we fly from the U.K. at 5a.m. our time. I can't wait to get to New York, my wife or I have never been to the States. We are near to "Times square" the MUSE HOTEL,(next to Irish bar:-)
I want to go to see Central Park, John Lennon's memorial, I was and still am a big fan of his. (Best thing that ever come from Liverpool) Well! thanx again John, please friend my request, and we'll have a good old chin wag soon, CHEERS MATE,

Regards, Col.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #17
Cameleon Col
Hi all, just to update everyone re-my hols. in New York. WHAT A FANTASTIC PLACE, GREAT FOOD, AND GREAT FRIENDLY PEOPLE, YOUR A CREDIT TO THE U.S.A. :-)
I did go to the Bronx Zoo, good zoo, but NO CHAMS. so if you like Chams. as I do, Dont bother going. But it was a nice day out there. Only sad day of our hols. was visiting "Ground Zero", this, I had to see. GOD BLESS ALL WHO DIED, Sooooo....SAD :-(
(I felt soooo...angry towards the evil (people??) who did this, as a Catholic I am suppose to forgive, but I cannot, SORRY, that's how I feel.
GOD BLESS YOU NEW YORK. YOUR A CREDIT TO THE WORLD.

Col.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!