Hobbes - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #11
Daequix
She is adorable Patrick! I won't let Hobbes see he'll be going "Hubba Hubba"

Old 09-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
Daequix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyatt81 View Post
Very handsome boy, Tigers have always been and will remain one of my favorite if not my favorite retic morphs ever and he really has some great coloring! Keep us posted with updated pics, can't wait to see him as he grows into a stunning adult.
Heyas Jeff! thank you, I will def keep you guys up to date on him...he's totally a new experience for me size wise....so I am doing my best to keep good records of it!

Old 09-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
jeffwyatt81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daequix View Post
Heyas Jeff! thank you, I will def keep you guys up to date on him...he's totally a new experience for me size wise....so I am doing my best to keep good records of it!
As long as you raise them right and handle them regularly they are some of the best snakes in the world, just never forget you have to have ultimate respect for an animal that will reach his adult size and you will be fine.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
Utta
If you need help with him, don't afraid to holler at me. Or Brian! I think we could handle em

Old 09-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
Daequix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyatt81 View Post
As long as you raise them right and handle them regularly they are some of the best snakes in the world, just never forget you have to have ultimate respect for an animal that will reach his adult size and you will be fine.
I actually learned that very early in respecting every snake I handle...from big to small. Though of course with the Tiger Retic...it's a different type of respect that just has to be there.

Thank you for the input I think this really has helped me to realize I need to bring him (and the bigger one I haven't shown you all) out more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
If you need help with him, don't afraid to holler at me. Or Brian! I think we could handle em
Believe me I won't hesitate to squeam at you all if I need help...and you're closer so probably get stuck with Retic Rangling with me! lol

Old 09-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #16
ReschRetic
We recently acquired an '05 dwarf female that is about 9' long and had her out for the first time yesterday. Still rather defensive, startled us a bit, which likely startled her back. Not as defensive as she was when we got her though, looking forward to socializing her more...preferrably without getting bit. Our baby tiger is still a sweetheart though, have her out almost daily.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #17
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daequix View Post
Believe me I won't hesitate to squeam at you all if I need help...and you're closer so probably get stuck with Retic Rangling with me! lol
Lol, I always get this picture in my mind of someone putting a snake into a headlock, or close lining one when people say" snake rangleing" dunno why lol

Old 09-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
ReschRetic
...because wrangling reminds you of wrestling, as in WCW, not Greco-Roman?

Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #19
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReschRetic View Post
...because wrangling reminds you of wrestling, as in WCW, not Greco-Roman?
I know that but I don't know why it reminds me of that.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #20
Daequix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReschRetic View Post
We recently acquired an '05 dwarf female that is about 9' long and had her out for the first time yesterday. Still rather defensive, startled us a bit, which likely startled her back. Not as defensive as she was when we got her though, looking forward to socializing her more...preferrably without getting bit. Our baby tiger is still a sweetheart though, have her out almost daily.
I've wanted a dwarf from the first moment I knew they existed but...have to wait! I hope the social rehab works on her! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!