Feedback wanted from the members on a livestock section. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
Focal
Yep I would browse it. One day I'll get a little pot belly.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
The BoidSmith
Dennis,

There might not be a lot of use as shipping costs might make buying and selling cost prohibitive. A discussion section would be different though.

Best

Old 11-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #13
LauraB
Quote:
Yep I would browse it. One day I'll get a little pot belly.
A little pot belly that will not stay a little pot belly ... don't believe the BS a seller might tell you

Old 11-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
Southern Wolf
I doubt I would use it... but Im not opposed to it either.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #15
Randall Turner
Once me and the family get moved out of town I would definitely be up for using it. BUT that could be anywhere from 6 months to another 3 years before that happens. Where I live currently having rabbit hutches is a pita let alone the rest of what I would want to have. (goats, chickens, and a few cows).

Old 11-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #16
snakechaarmer
I think it's a good idea, however it may or may not warrant a lot of attention simply because of distance..for example, I had my horse listed on equine.com. I was asking $7500.00 for him at the time. Unless these people were very wealthy, they couldn't afford to fly down to Florida and try him out before purchase, and if they were that wealthy anyway, they probably wanted a horse of quite another price range and caliber than mine

That's the only problem I can see, that it's a good idea but distance would probably kill most sales.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #17
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Dennis asked me about this a couple weeks ago and I've been super busy so I've not been in to see what it was about till now. I would probably try to use a livestock or homesteading forum because I really want to support Fauna and those are my current interests. I'd have quite a bit to discuss~ but I can see it turning into an issue when I go about discussing how to care for the "Little" pot belly pig that got too big~ as in with a 22 and a crock pot...

I've noticed that when I go into chat my interests run a bit more...
I don't want to say gruesome...maybe mercenary is the word...
than most "pet" people are interested in. At this point I can discuss with some degree of proficiency many subjects that relate to become more self sufficient and sustainable...
but most of the people here don't want to discuss that kind of stuff~ and even if they attempt to show an interest it is because they are nice people who don't want to be rude more than any actual interest in how to milk a goat, butcher a pig, how to find someone to cut and bale the hay, or learn the legal system in attempting to sue someone who sold me Freemartin heifers this year (which is taking a considerable bit of my attention just lately).

If you put it up I would try to use it~ but honestly I don't think there would be much interest in it beyond the first week or two.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #18
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith View Post
Dennis,

There might not be a lot of use as shipping costs might make buying and selling cost prohibitive. A discussion section would be different though.

Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
I think it's a good idea, however it may or may not warrant a lot of attention simply because of distance..for example, I had my horse listed on equine.com. I was asking $7500.00 for him at the time. Unless these people were very wealthy, they couldn't afford to fly down to Florida and try him out before purchase, and if they were that wealthy anyway, they probably wanted a horse of quite another price range and caliber than mine

That's the only problem I can see, that it's a good idea but distance would probably kill most sales.

True but also that could be said about a lot of forums that cater to other animals, automobiles, etc.. Even here we have a lot of posters in the classifieds that state local sales only. I don't know. I have personally meet 60-65 people locally that use this site. I have done some type of business with probably half of them. At the local shows I have meet many more.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #19
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
Dennis asked me about this a couple weeks ago and I've been super busy so I've not been in to see what it was about till now. I would probably try to use a livestock or homesteading forum because I really want to support Fauna and those are my current interests. I'd have quite a bit to discuss~ but I can see it turning into an issue when I go about discussing how to care for the "Little" pot belly pig that got too big~ as in with a 22 and a crock pot...

I've noticed that when I go into chat my interests run a bit more...
I don't want to say gruesome...maybe mercenary is the word...
than most "pet" people are interested in. At this point I can discuss with some degree of proficiency many subjects that relate to become more self sufficient and sustainable...
but most of the people here don't want to discuss that kind of stuff~ and even if they attempt to show an interest it is because they are nice people who don't want to be rude more than any actual interest in how to milk a goat, butcher a pig, how to find someone to cut and bale the hay, or learn the legal system in attempting to sue someone who sold me Freemartin heifers this year (which is taking a considerable bit of my attention just lately).

If you put it up I would try to use it~ but honestly I don't think there would be much interest in it beyond the first week or two.

My interests include self-sufficiency, self-reliant living as well. A broader homesteading sub-forum that included livestock might have more interest.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
WebSlave
Dennis, I'm all for adding a forum that members will USE here, but as you have seen I have tried some topic matter in the past that just did not fly very well, so I'm trying to reduce these types of errors I make. Matter of fact, I need to review the existing forums and prune off any that aren't being utilized much to try to reduce the clutter. I figure if a forum hasn't gotten any activity in 30 days or more with the number of people visiting this site, then there really is no need to keep it around.

So what I am trying to do is to get a somewhat realistic idea of how well received a new forum will be before I set it up. So if the focus of what you are proposing needs to change to get more participation, then that might be wise to consider.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!