what would you do with kink tail boas? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
ShadowAceD
If you're confident with the hatchet, I'd go that route, otherwise, put them in the fridge until they slow down and then a freezer after that. Don't just dump them right into the freezer.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
hhmoore
The closest thing to humane available to us, IMO, is cooling (refrigerator) them first, then the freezer. It's not ideal, but it's better than the alternatives.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #13
hhmoore
(It would make for an interesting story - presenting to the ER, and explaining how you came to hit your hand with the hatchet...)

Old 05-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #14
allreptiles1966
Thank you guys.
It's going to be done.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
(It would make for an interesting story - presenting to the ER, and explaining how you came to hit your hand with the hatchet...)
Just ... Lol, Harald.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #16
allreptiles1966
Lol Harold.Dont jinx me man.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Thank you guys.
It's going to be done.
No worries. It sucks, but it really is best for the little ones. If the female had dropped them in the wild, odds are, nature would have eventually taken them out on its own terms as well.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
allreptiles1966
Going to take down the ad when finished.
Thanks again for the valued opinions.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
Devon Hodgins
I agree with Harald. If you have a family member or friend that will not breed then you could give that one away as a pet.

The others should defiantly be humanly put down. I am not sure what would be the best way to do that, as for the fact I have never had to. Most people in know use the freezer but I have heard bad things about that. The hatchet would be the fastest and most pain-free but I personally couldn't go through with it. Also, what happens if you don't get a clean cut? The animal would be in tremendousness pain.

I use CO2 for y rodents and that seems to go well. I don't know how it would work with my reptiles? I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me could answer these questions.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
allreptiles1966
Ok,its done.It sucked but as all said,it was better for them and not to put in a position someone might try and breed.I also didn't want them to eat and not be able to deficate and die in pain.
Why does this happen?
My herpstat was at 88.5 degrees and the last litter didnt have this issue?Could it be she is big and only in a 4' boaphile?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!