upstate exotics (good people) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-02-2003, 08:40 PM   #11
Sasheena
I think in Upstate's favor, it might be nice to have the details of a GOOD DEAL posted here, just to balance the scale for everyone. I know personally I don't plan on buying snakes from them (all else considered, even if I wanted to, hubby says I can't buy ANY more snakes), but I would like to believe that there IS something GOOD to post about them.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:54 PM   #12
David Reid
Sometimes it is all in the details...

Upstate is selling CH Central American Boas...

Dave

Old 09-02-2003, 09:56 PM   #13
Sasheena
Wow... Captive HATCHED boas?

How'd they come by those?

(I'm assuming my understanding of the procreation of boas or the meaning of CH must be off here)

Old 09-02-2003, 10:05 PM   #14
Wilomn
Let's look at it this way.

If I had the reputation that upchuck has gotten themselves I would REALLY want to change it. Afterall it's hard to keep the suckers coming when there is sooooooooo much information about me and how little I care for my animals or customers so easily available. So, what do I do? Hmmmmmm, I know, I find someone and have them make a good guy post for me. MAYBE I even do a good job with them, for a change, so that they can be honest, even though I don't know why people place such value on honesty(alison), and tell the ACTUAL truth.

But as I am not a good friend of TRUTH, it may be that I just gave someone some animals, or gave them a really big discount, or did a website, or cough, cough, some home repairs for them in exchange for this positive posting. Because, afterall, I don't care how I get the positive attention, I just want to have it, it REALLY doesn't matter to me AT ALL what I have to do to get it.

Now Apache, if you really did do a good deal and are just being honest, then none of this will really apply to you, however, if you are a shill for upchuck, then SHAME on you. Just by being associated with them and admitting it you carry some of their stink with you wherever you go. Like it or not it's the truth, at least for me.

Before I would believe anything good about upchuck I would need pictoral evidence, paperwork, cancelled checks or bankstatements showing payments made and for how much and then regular checks to see that the person posting good for them still had the animals, they were still alive and healthy, and that there had been no monetary gain or any other benifit to the poster for making the post. In short, I find it VERY hard to believe.

Having seen the GREAT LENGTHS alison went through to save a lousy $180.00 I have no problem at all believing there is some shinanigans behind this one. And without OVERWHELMING proof to the contrary I will continue to believe in just such a manner.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-02-2003, 11:34 PM   #15
apache137
upstate

i find it funny that you guys spend so much time discrediting someone that you are starting to sound foolish. i just posted that i am very happy with the way my deal went down and decided to post something nice for a change when it is deserved. i think you people should get a life and start worrying about your own buisnesses instead of trying to tear everyone elses apart. sometimes the truth hurts doesnt it. thanx dan parma

Old 09-02-2003, 11:38 PM   #16
Wilomn
Simple question for ya here Dan; were you stinging a lot or just a little when you wrote your last post?

If you were familiar with upchuck as many of us are, you would understand COMPLETELY why some such as myself are somewhat skeptical of any that are associated with them.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-02-2003, 11:46 PM   #17
UpstateExotics1
Thanks Dan! It was our pleasure doing business with you!

As far as wes' post. Dan first contacted me as he was pretty skeptical about doing business with us, due to some of the negativity here on the BOI. But he also saw our good posts.

After speaking with him and working out exactly what he wanted, he received the same customer service that our other customers receive. He was happy with the animals and happy with our service. Hence this thread.

I did not "pay him" as wes likes to think, to post something good here. I actually fouind out about this thread when one of our friends called and told me to take a look.

It's incrediable how everyone likes to look past all the good, to continue with the bad.

We've had good posts on here in the past, many well before some of the bad. So it's not fair to say, and ASSUME, that we are paying people off in order for them to come post a good guy post here.

Thanks Again Dan!

Old 09-02-2003, 11:54 PM   #18
Wilomn
alison, alison, alison, no one, at least not me, assumed anything. You have PROVEN yourself MANY TIMES OVER as a liar, theif, and not nice person. Being such a person makes it no far stretch of the imagination to think you might resort to underhanded tactics to help bolster your failing reputation.

I ASSUME NOTHING.

You prove your character and lack thereof constantly.

I am not surprised you did well by Apache, if you really did, and I have posted what I would consider acceptable proof of such honest dealings. You really needed to do ONE right. After all, you have had several in a row that proved you out as, what is it called when you lie, steal, and then lie about stealing? Oh yeah, a liar and a theif and a really bad liar.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-03-2003, 04:36 AM   #19
geckosunlimited
Coincidence??

With all of the bad press that Upstate has been getting lately, I find that this particular post seems to have come at an opportune time (for Upstate). I tend to agree with Wes, but I am only going on the highly coincidental nature of the "good guy" post. If the commendatory post is forthright, then I am truly happy for the customer.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:20 AM   #20
dwedeking
Quote:
i find it funny that you guys spend so much time discrediting someone that you are starting to sound foolish. i just posted that i am very happy with the way my deal went down and decided to post something nice for a change when it is deserved. i think you people should get a life and start worrying about your own buisnesses instead of trying to tear everyone elses apart. sometimes the truth hurts doesnt it. thanx dan parma
Dan,

Internet sales are based upon consumer confidence. One bad apple can have an effect on everyone's business that sells reptiles/supplies online. This is the basis of the BOI. If we police ourselves and weed out the sub-standard businesses it increases consumer confidence in our industry as a whole, thereby improving everyone's performance online.

The BOI works, as your positive experience shows. Peer pressure motivated Upstate to provide proper customer service knowing that you'd post your experience, whichever way it turned out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!