Hamsters...we need more hamsters in the wheel!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #11
WebSlave
Hard to say.... It may be that the server is running some intensive processes at the time. I always try to move backup procedures into the wee hours of the morning, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way.

Matter of fact, it doesn't even have to really be anything on my server at all. Could be any number of things taking place at the data center housing the server and/or their own internal network.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #12
SamanthaJane13
Yeah-I understand.

I figured others might be having issues, and I thought maybe you might know what the problem is...if it's something at your end.

If you don't know the wheel is squeaking, you can't fix it, right?

Old 08-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
Yeah-I understand.

I figured others might be having issues, and I thought maybe you might know what the problem is...if it's something at your end.

If you don't know the wheel is squeaking, you can't fix it, right?
Oh, I agree. I tend to spend enough time here that I will likely catch any problem that extends through an hour or three in duration. But short term glitches might very well escape my notice. And quite honestly, there is very little that can be done about the short term "brown outs" simply because the server techs quite likely won't see the problem neither. But if I have an exact time frame there is a possibility that the logs will show something they can sink their teeth into.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
SamanthaJane13
That's why I posted the links to the threads...to show the times of the posts!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #15
Kaminoke
Everything was working fine for a few days. It just slowed down again on me for the first time since I posted. It's about 2:25pm CST. Fauna pages are loading but very, very slowly. Cornsnakes.com is also being slow and just timed out for me with this message:

No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

It's the same error I received a few days ago from both websites. My internet speed is still fast on other websites.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #16
Kaminoke
Everything was working fine for a few days. It just slowed down again on me for the first time since I posted. It's about 2:25pm CST. Fauna pages are loading but very, very slowly. Cornsnakes.com is also being slow and just timed out for me with this message:

No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

It's the same error I received a few days ago from both websites. My internet speed is still fast on other websites.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #17
TheFragginDragon
Just had a dramatic slowdown here as well, for the past 10 minutes or so.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #18
WebSlave
Yeah, I saw that too. Seems to be running fine, now, though. I contact the server admin people and asked them to look into it. Server load itself was minimal, so I don't think it was the server itself. I didn't see any odd processes running (backup, etc.) that could have caused this internally.

I'm sure they'll come back with a "no problem found" reply....

Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #19
WebSlave
Well, got a reply and they said the data center suffered a "hiccup" in their internal network. Should be resolved now. Hopefully that was what was causing the earlier problems here and it is now resolved.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #20
SamanthaJane13
Many thanks, Grand Pooh-bah!!

Glad it wasn't my imagination!!

It never hurts to take a bat to the engine to let it know who's boss!!

Okay-well...maybe it does, but you get my point!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!