Bad Guy Snakes4u.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
reptilebaby
Have you asked him for a refund yet? I'd say you are entitled to one!

Old 08-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #12
deborahbroadus
I would snap some pictures for evidence of all the "bugs" and "mites" before you kill them all.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:16 AM   #13
snakesplus
Response from Rick Sladick at www.snakes4u.com

I purchase live hypoaspis miles for use in my snake rooms to PREVENT the establishment of snake mites. Hypoaspis miles are NOT harmful to snakes. I personally inspected the albino ball prior to packaging/shipping and it did NOT have any snake mites/ticks on him!!!

Old 08-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
reptilebaby
Ok. I have never heard of that. admittedly, I am fairly new

Old 08-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesplus View Post
I purchase live hypoaspis miles for use in my snake rooms to PREVENT the establishment of snake mites. Hypoaspis miles are NOT harmful to snakes. I personally inspected the albino ball prior to packaging/shipping and it did NOT have any snake mites/ticks on him!!!
This is really strange and you need to tell your customers ahead of time. I personally wouldn't buy anything from you if there are bugs.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #16
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesplus View Post
That is why pics where suggested. As far as I am aware (and I could be wrong)..mite predators do not live on the snakes themselves.

http://store.evergreengrowers.com/pr...et/Detail?no=1

**I know these can be fairly difficult to snap...but??

Old 08-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #17
jamesearl
Ok i have read through this and as for good mites....that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard in over 16 years of keeping reptiles and friends that's saying something. There is no reason or excuse for it. He as long as it's proven deserves a refund immediately. There is no reason for a health reptile to have bugs NONE. As for getting them off as long as the snake is of reasonable age you can put him in the bath with just a touch of Dawn soap and that will help the might come of much faster and is safe for the snake. Sorry to hear what happened and i hope the seller give you a refund.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
Lucille
http://webspinners.com/coloherp/cb-n...nakeMites.html

However, the predatory mites do not live on the snake. Pictures would be good.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesearl View Post
Ok i have read through this and as for good mites....that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard in over 16 years of keeping reptiles and friends that's saying something.
To some, it isn't saying as much as you think. The use of predatory mites has been shown to be a safe and natural way to control mite infestation with both reptiles and amphibians. As for it being the dumbest thing you have ever heard, some might think the same thing about using toxic chemicals around their reptiles for the same purposes. I have never used predatory mites but did consider it when I kept dart frogs. I just hope I never let my experience cause my arrogance to get the best of me.

That said, pics would be nice. I am not sure how the predatory mites would be on the snake, especially after shipping.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #20
jamesearl
Well i think more to my point was that there should be no reason to bring ANY KIND of bugs PERIOD if your collection is clean. If you have such a problem with mites that you bring in another form of bug there is more of a problem then just the mites themselves. There is no reasonable purpose to do that and even less so to send a snake to someone that you KNOW is covered with bugs period no reason at all!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!