Moving - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWTownsend View Post
I just helped a friend move~ it took the movers 15 1/2 hours to move all of the stuff she had for them... That is not counting the stuff I loaded in MY truck and moved!

She is not one who is willing to release her possessions...

At any rate, you will get some new stuff and opening up all those boxes after moving them will be kind of like opening presents and a new discovery of what you now remember you have.

Good luck with your move, I do hope everything goes well!
Since the movers are talking 99.00 an hour...I'm going to pack up stuff myself!! lol Nah, I am not going to play that "drag it out" crap.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
deborahbroadus
Shadera, GOOD LUCK!

Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
Lucille
Shadera, I hope your move goes well and Deborah, I hope your future move goes well also.
I just moved recently, only about 10 miles, but I had been in the same house for nearly 30 years. I gave away, threw away a ton of stuff. It is a liberating feeling to be free of all of that, and I wasn't even a pack rat.
The moving itself--well, let's just say I'm glad it's all over, and I'm never going to move again.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #14
Helenthereef
Yes, really, it's just stuff - dump as much as you can. My mantra is that if I haven't used it in a year I definitely didn't need it.... Hope it's going OK now.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:06 AM   #15
Utta
Good Luck Shadera! I'm moving now. Already got the truck packed up. x_x

Old 10-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #16
~Just Curious~
Good luck with the moves....all of you!
Here's hoping everything goes smoothly and painlessly!

I know they're a serious pain in the butt.
We moved in April and there's still boxes of junk in the garage..... Lease is up in two years, might as well just leave them there.

lol No, don't be like me. Take their advice and sell what you can.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:36 AM   #17
porkchop48
Good luck to you.

I am still trying to recover from my move a few months ago. Even with taking my own frogs that with fit into the vehicle, every tank was destroyed and the one car that was driven by one of the driver, lost every frog in it.

Tons of larva, eggs, tads lost as well as many adult breeders and every tree frog I owned.... I feel for you and hope things go well.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #18
SERPENTS DEN
Wow what's with all this moving is there a private herp community/resort someplace that your all flocking too?

Old 10-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
Shadera
Oh, you didn't get the invitation Steve?

Old 10-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #20
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Oh, you didn't get the invitation Steve?
No I didn't

Where's everyone moving too?

I think it was back in the 80's certain breeders were talking about a herp community which I don't think is all that bad of an idea. Can you imagine a private community of fellow herpers and no frightened neighbors....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!