WebSlave GREAT GUY!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Who's the greatest WebSlave EVER???
Rich Z. 10 90.91%
Rich Z. 3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2003, 06:28 PM   #11
WebSlave
Oh, I have no doubts that some of you really do appreciate this site, and I do appreciate the show of hands of people every now and again, but the source of my doubts is whether or not it is worth the headaches. Just today I had yet another person confide in me about filing a lawsuit against someone who has posted on here.

You would think that I would have this site just covered with ads for attorneys! This is one heck of a feeding trough for them!

Generally I like to mind my own business and really don't want to get involved or in the middle of someone else's issues. Was the BOI really such a good idea for someone with my type of attitude? I am in not into power tripping and do not enjoy having to crack the whip around here. And if anything, I feel like I have jumped out into the front of a runaway train, thinking I can stop it myself.

What am I getting out of this? Besides Excedrin moments, that is.

No, I never intended to get anything out of this myself, except maybe those times I had my own problems with bounced checks and whatnot. I had hoped at least those would get resolved. But in the same token, I really didn't expect this to become the work load and headache producer it has, either.

And now I have the tiger by the tail, it seems. Banned by one site, boycotted by another, and who knows what else people are saying behind my back about all this.

I guess the whimsical saying is true after all:

No good turn goes unpunished.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:04 PM   #12
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
"Was the BOI really such a good idea for someone with my type of attitude?"

I suspect ONLY your type of attitude could do this with the grace you have. I know for sure I would have lost my sense of humour LONG before this, and I often wonder how it is that you don't.

You sound so down. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I won't suggest you "Chear up" (When people say things like that to me I generally go ahead and try to imagine the simp telling me to chear up with his/her hair on fire~ Yeah, that does help, I almost always smile then)

I will suggest you look at this site, the number of members, the participation as a whole (I said as a WHOLE, not on the auctions, or polls, or BOI, but as a WHOLE)

NONE of this would be here if it were not for you and your attitude. As frustrating as it MUST be, you have created a community here. Thats kind of neat (Oh <font color=red>[boink]</font>.........now I'm the simp...........I'm going to go put my hair out now)

Old 11-18-2003, 12:57 AM   #13
Adam Block
Quote:
Just today I had yet another person confide in me about filing a lawsuit against someone who has posted on here.
You know, that's such an uphill battle! Has anybody EVER sued anybody for things said on this site?

You have to show malice, something I would guess to be very hard. Stating facts or saying I feel, I think, my guess and not using finite remarks also would make it hard for any lawyer.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:28 AM   #14
WebSlave
I know. Libel suits are tough to prove. The prosecution has to prove that the defense is lying. Has to prove it was with malicious intent. Has to prove it was damaging. Civil suits are easier to win, but it is still a "reasonable doubt" sort of thing.

But I'm not an attorney and I am sure there are all kinds of wrinkles in there. Generally the only winners in cases like that would be the attorneys themselves. Sure, they would like to chalk up another "win" on their professional scoreboard, but I doubt they care either way about their clients or the issues involved. As long as they get paid, of course.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!