Pied? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
snowgyre
My first thought was that she looked similar to my dinker too! But I will admit that the pied gene does seem to do odd things with pattern sometimes. I bred my female dinker to my het pied male not only because the male was pretty, but because I thought my dinker may actually be an unproven het pied. After five eggs and no pieds it seems like she's her own unique morph though. Robert, did you get her from a pied x pied breeding? Or a pied x het or het x het breeding? I would be interested in seeing what any normal offspring look like, either her siblings or her offspring.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
JustChad04
I with Vanessa what are the parents? That stripe does look like it was passed from the one parent (first one pictured). Granted it was broken a bit on the parent but you can see the exact color and the black outline that railroads with it. Shes gorgeous!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
Robert Walker
Vanessa, right before your post on this thread are the pictures of the parents, yes pied x pied. Your dinker is awesome by the way!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
snowgyre
It always seems to be a shame (at least to me) to breed a female pied to an animal that may not be het for pied, but in this case I think it's warranted. I am really curious to see if that patterning is not linked to the pied gene. It will probably take a few generations to tease out, but you should know in the first generation with producing a few normal hets if you're onto something there.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #15
JHMills
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I am really curious to see if that patterning is not linked to the pied gene.
She looks awesome! If she were mine, I'd breed her to something non-pied at least once.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
Gloryhound
Personally since the sire is the one that she resembles I would breed the sire to a normal or some other morph and see what comes out. Hold back the female het pieds, grow them up and breed to dad. When the existing baby female gets old enough, breed it to the sire and see if a super form exists or you increase odds of getting a striped pied.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
Robert Walker
Great thoughts Jennifer & David, I think that is something I will actually try for! Thanks!

Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #18
Kingofspades
Hideous. Mail her to me.

Seriously though...that is awesome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!