het platty daddy? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #11
Kingofspades
And then I realize someone already mentioned Ralph's site...perhaps it is bed time. Haha.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #12
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumje View Post
you could get 50% platty daddy by breeding a het platty to a normal or even to a lesser...the normals would be 50% hets...so yes it is a an Allele in the lesser/mojave/mystic/phantom/mocha/white diamond (did i miss 1) complex...it reacts with the lesser to make the Platnum....I believe I thought it was bred into mojave as well...or phantom....i could be wrong on that...if you buy a het platty...you better make sure its a good source....
Butter.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #13
coldbloodaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Eventide View Post

Not sure if anyone's bred two het Platty Daddies together. Ralph Davis would probably be the one to ask about that.
Ralph has may times and only produced Normals...

Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #14
MrBig
Not only the "normals" are het platty, but anything that is not a lesser. Example
Platty Daddy x Pastel = lesser, lesser pastel, pastel het platty, and "normal" het platty. There are no proven % for het platinum, only het or not. Some say that a het produces more hets, but I've never seen or heard proof to back that up. And I have looked, as somone looking to invest in that project. I have small hopes for a platty to Black Pastel clutch this year. Also looking for a combo het platty female, but noone ever lets them go.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
MrBig
And to answer your question, a Platty daddy to a lesser will produce platty daddy, lesser, and het platty.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
oskyle1567
But I have heard of people producing random platy daddy's from breeding there lesser to a normal i wish i could find the post but this was a while ago. Does anyone recall reading the same forum post or hear of such instances?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
Ohhwataloser
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskyle1567 View Post
But I have heard of people producing random platy daddy's from breeding there lesser to a normal i wish i could find the post but this was a while ago. Does anyone recall reading the same forum post or hear of such instances?
The daddy gene is a very subtle morph, what they thought was a normal, was in fact a daddy gene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
And to answer your question, a Platty daddy to a lesser will produce platty daddy, lesser, and het platty.
and BEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
Butter.
dont forget Specials... another subtle morph

Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
deobra2869
this is all confusing LOL so there are double gene platty daddy morphs?

Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #19
dumje
too my knowledge not too many people have a platty daddy...so if there are some double morphs with it...they have not been reveled as of yet...

Old 07-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #20
oskyle1567
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...oma-pinstripe/
I hope bhb releases photos soon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!