Ball Pythons Genetics Question - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #11
john33
The long and short of it is God creates life and it's up to him. I've hatched an 4 eggs clutch and got 3 supers. On the other end i've hatched a 4 egg clutch with 3 genes in play and hit 3 normals and a double. Nearly a total bust. Nothing is impossible. But if i added up 50-60 clutches i've produced. The odds would land squarely on punt-square genetics. It's more than the science of breeding. It's the creation of life.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
mgoblue347
In my opinion it is 100% the science of breeding. If we are getting religious with it..god isn't in the snakes deciding which eggs get which genes to make the snakes what they are. The genetic make up of the snakes themselves decide this, nothing more. Just my opinion.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
snowgyre
Agreed, without getting into a philosophical debate on science and religion here, the processes involved with reproduction and inheritance are very well understood. If we really wanted to, we could completely control the genotype of the offspring merely by inserting the desirable genetic material into an ovum. However, that kind of direct control has really no applicability to most of us (indeed, it is quite expensive and removes the fun out of the equation anyway). Probabilities explain the process of inheritance quite nicely when you get a large enough sample, at least with clearly defined recessive, codominant, and dominant traits.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
mgoblue347
Very well put Vanessa

Old 03-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #15
jack2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by john33 View Post
The long and short of it is God creates life and it's up to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue347 View Post
In my opinion it is 100% the science of breeding. If we are getting religious with it..god isn't in the snakes deciding which eggs get which genes to make the snakes what they are. The genetic make up of the snakes themselves decide this, nothing more. Just my opinion.

interesting comments!

What if God created snakes and their reproduction.... then wouldn't both statements be true??

Just food for thought!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #16
mgoblue347
You are correct, both would be true. But then the question of whether or not one believes in god would have to be raised..if you do then yes they are all connected, if you don't, we'll then no they aren't.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #17
mgoblue347
well*

Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #18
Rivergecko
"It takes a person with an open mind to accept the truth found in science and the possibilities found in religion" (some guy)

Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #19
mgoblue347
^great post

Old 03-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #20
john33
To get back on topic. Yes you can write down in percentage on paper what you will get genetically. Very easy to accept. And i promise you that clutch will not turn out just like what you have on paper. More times than not my clutches turn out better. And that's a blessing. Not so easy to accept it's not my awesome breeding skills. But all i did was put two anaimals together. That has been my experience. Thats all i'm mean to say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!