Inquire Scott Micheals Serpent City - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-27-2004, 12:08 AM   #11
evansnakes
Lee, I find it really amusing that you would post that seeing as how on many occasions you have had derrogotory things to say about Scott to myself and others in my prescense. But you do that all the time right? As I was the only person that came to this board to defend you after your run in with the authotities at your show, you were bad mouthing me to mutal friends of ours behind my back. You can say what you want about me but I am not a hypocrite and I did not post anything negative about Scott.

Scott and I were friends for a number of years until he made a choice to say and do some things that I felt he should not have after I did him a favor and his actions caused me problems monetarily and stressed another friendship of mine. He has never apologized for his behavior and that is why we do not talk. With that said, I have no sinister motives here. I did not post anything about Scott's background, which I certainly have plenty of knowledge of both good and bad.

Simply put, Scott jumps on forums on the net and sometimes represents himself as a liscensed practicing vet and he is not. And Lee, you can attack me here now because you have a personal problem with me but it would be a great "pipe dream" if you stated some facts. How about telling the whole story?

Old 06-01-2004, 06:55 PM   #12
billygunn
I've known Scott since 1988,
when I bought a pair of Indian Pythons and several pairs of tri-colors from him. He always gave me advice and helped me out anyway he could. I was out of the hobby for several years and have
been back now for over a year
(you can't stay away) in full force. The animals I received from him were fantastic to say the least. Thanks to this thread I contacted him and will be doing business with him in the near future. I
think of Scott as a friend and would recomend him to anyone.
Bill Fox

Old 06-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #13
sschind
I've only purchased dry goods from Scott, but if he ever had any animals that I was interested in I would not think twice about buying from him. He has been very helpful to me on several occasions and has never failed to try to help me out.

Steve

Old 09-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #14
calking1
purchase from Scott J Michaels DVM

Having just completed my first transaction with Scott this morning I must say that it was an an extremely professional yet personable experiece.The Knob. that I received was even nicer that Sott had described to me,and the records that I requested were a great help. I would not hesitate to deal with him, and highly recomend Scott to one any considering doing business
with him.
Howie H.
calking1@hotmail.com

Old 09-10-2004, 05:58 PM   #15
mikebrown18
scott j michaels

i purchased a yellow head retic from scott a few years back and it was one of the best experiences i have had purchasing a reptile. he always was able to lend a helping hand even after the purchase and was very knowledgeable. I would do business with him again in a heartbeat. Also his animals always look better than what they are described!

Old 09-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #16
SPJ
Is this the same Scott Micheals that is one of the leading authors on the captive husbandry of sharks?

I have kept and raised sharks and met him once (if it is the same person) and he was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Old 09-21-2004, 09:07 PM   #17
BoaJeff
Ok now I am pissed! Scott Michaels is one of the best reptile breeders I have ever dealt with. When I first started out with boas years and years ago I adopted 2 boas that lived in less than ideal conditions. I called Scott and he invited me to bring my snakes over to see him. I met with him and he showed me how to treat a mouth sore on one of my boas and sexed them for me as well as showed me how. NO CHARGE!

I have bought many snakes from Scott and dealt with his dad who is also a class act. I've purchased Hog island boas, milks, gophers, carpet pythons, indian pythons, etc from him and never had a problem with a mite, a sick animal, NOTHING!

If it were not for Scott Michaels I would never have developed the love for these animals that I have and would not have half the knowledge that I do today. If anyone has a bad thing to say about Scott it is because they are either jealous of the things that he has accomplished or is not looking at him for what he is and that would be an excellent breeder and caretaker of snakes and a hell of a nice guy. I think it is absolute bull<font color=red>[**censored**]</font> that his name be brought up on this site for anything but good things. Scott is one guy that would never screw you on a snake deal, end of story.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:19 PM   #18
kare
good guy

A friend and I bought a pair of 100% het albinos from Scott earlier this year. Beautiful animals, eating well now. (the female was picky about switching over to f/t, but didn't take long to convert)
Scott is forever available for questions - long after the sale - he even was able to answer some questions for me about some colubrid behavior
I'd definitely do business with him again.

Karen Odden

Old 09-26-2004, 10:17 AM   #19
Tim Cole
Thumbs up Known Scott since 1979!

Scott helped me find my first Carpet and Childrens Pythons back in the early 80's. He has been in the business for a long time and knows the animals.
I saw him recently at the SEWERFEST Show and he hasn't changed in twenty yeras. Don't hesitate to deal with him.

Old 09-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #20
Ross Buskard
Evan,
If you have something to say, be a man and say it. Don't engage in veiled character assassination. If you have some concrete information that might be pertinent then post it and back it up. So far you're just making yourself seem like a little boy with a grudge.
Ross Buskard

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!