What did I get? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-14-2004, 03:18 PM   #11
Sybella
Missy, if you go over to Rich's site, Serpenco, and look up the morphs, he has about 8 pictures of each one there. Ghosts can vary quite a bit. Most are grey-ish but some are more brown. Maybe you can do some comparison there. I've found his pictures to be quite helpful.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:20 PM   #12
Sybella
Oops!! I didn't see your last post but you did just what I suggested!! Too funny!!

Old 07-16-2004, 05:29 AM   #13
swoof
Quote:
Originally posted by Willis
cka - It's a matter of terminology. Normal het amel = Normal het for anery. The addition of the "for" makes the difference. I always used to name hets as to what they would produce, but was corrected several times to name them as to what gene was het. ie, a normal with this genetics (RrBB) is called het amel (the gene that produces red color is het to NOT produce red color = anery). Now, if I'm still naming hets wrong, I wish everyone will make up their minds! It's confusing enough as it is!!
Well I think your messin up your short names. Amel = Amelenistic which is the lack of black coloring. Anery = Anerythristic lack of red coloring. If it's het amel that means it carries the gene to remove the black pigment. If it was het anery that means it carries the gene to remove the red coloring. Well that's an easy way about it anyway. And we won't get into the weirdness of lavender, carmel, or charcol..........

Old 07-16-2004, 11:38 AM   #14
Missymonkey
badish good news

My female hypo was being a picky eater for the last few weeks. I thought nothing of it because she'd done this in the past. However when I went to clean out her moist peat moss box I discovered five eggs!

Go figure! Just like before she didn't show at all before she laid.

I am slightly concerned about these though. They are smaller and were dimpled. But I've got them in an incubator and they seem to be plumping up. Who knows.

Now I just have my hands full of baby corns with more possibly on the way. And I don't know what to do with them all!

Breeding is fun until you realize that you'll have a dozen or more babies at the end of it all!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!