DHL ships reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:24 PM   #11
ChaosCat
Yep, I shipped a baby corn snake within Washington state, overnight, for $23.00 and the people at the drop site were friendly, knew it was a snake, and didn't give me any problems.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:43 AM   #12
Traci1
Thanks for sharing this info Clara!

Traci Engle
Living Art Reptiles

Old 10-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #13
David R.
Just a follow up: Did your DHL shipment make it ok? Arrive on time to the customer on time and ok?

Please advise.

Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 10-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #14
ChaosCat
No, it arrived a day late, but it wasn't DHL, as a company's, fault. We traced the problem down to one very lazy and stupid employee, who not only "didn't want to drive through the fog to deliver the package" but he also violated DHL's customer privacy by telling my customer I, personally, was not allowed to ship reptiles (without verifying this through his supervisor) and that I shipped the snake in a "shoebox" when he never saw the box because he was too lazy to go find it.

So remember folks, when dealing with any shipping company, GET NAMES. I have the name of this lazy employee, and gave it to the appropriate people. He won't be working at that DHL location much longer.

The snake in the end arrived safely and healthy. She's doing fine in her new home. DHL is working on *hopefully* refunding the shipping to the customer.

Old 10-09-2004, 11:21 AM   #15
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
DHL is working on *hopefully* refunding the shipping to the customer.
LOL! They'll never refund the reciever. If anything, they MIGHT refund the sender... But only if you stay on them for a few months.

Or was the shipping billed to the reciever's account?

Old 10-09-2004, 11:40 AM   #16
ChaosCat
The shipping was billed to me, but I instructed them to send the refund to the customer. I haven't heard from the customer, who I expected to be screaming and yelling if she didn't get her refund, but I'll be calling them on monday to check.

Old 10-30-2004, 02:11 AM   #17
dmasio
I had spoke with someone when I first started to ship snakes about a year ago and was told they DID ship snakes. Well I packaged the baby 03 ball python took it to the DHL near the Columbis Ohio airport to only find out the woman said that they DID NOT ship snakes. After I explained to hear who I spoke with on the phone she opened up their policy book an it stated the do not ship reptiles but they will ship frogs, toads, fish, turtles and tortises. Now please tell me what in heck do they think turts & torts are? I decided to try FED EX once shipped a 03 BP overnight to Pennslyvania (1 state over mind you) and the package did not arrive for 4 days needless to say the snake was dead and I refunded the buyers payment for him to go to somewhere else because he was not happy with the shipping which I can understand. Also pretty much the same BS with UPS. But so since I have never personally had a problem with DHL I only ship thru them now I just mark ALL of my packages as "Live Turtles Handle With Care". And I never have had a problem (Knock on wood & keep my fingers crossed) Hope that helps anyone. Thanks Damian

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!