Leopard gecko care DVD (breeders please read) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #11
lilroach56
You would think with DC haveing one of the Best convention centers in the US there would be a HUGE show there. But nooo, we dont. We need to i should try to get my dad to have his boss do a huge herp show in DC, that'd be tight.

I thought the richmond show was once a year?

Old 11-27-2004, 05:12 PM   #12
gurnham4
hell of alot of work to do just to get a show started. just go to the ones that are already being done.

Anyone else have comments about the DVD?

Old 11-27-2004, 07:08 PM   #13
lilroach56
How is the richmond show? I went to the august NVRE and wasn't very impressed by the variety...but i guess all reptiles shows are packed with beardies, leos, ball pythons, and cresteds.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:51 AM   #14
GeckoPalace
Its a really great idea but... It was already done by TheUrbanGecko and it wasnt that big a success. Mabye if you make this more public and go to more shows you will have more success with this than they did. But good luck.

Old 11-28-2004, 11:41 AM   #15
gurnham4
i had no idea that they put out a dvd. when did they put this out? did they use professional equitment? i'd like to see it

Old 11-28-2004, 12:28 PM   #16
GeckoPalace
it was about a year ago they came out with it. From what i hear it was educational but lame. They did the old, "walk into the room and be suprised by the camera". I dont know if it is still there but you can try www.theurbangecko.com

Old 11-28-2004, 11:49 PM   #17
Bitten
I was at Petsmart the other day and noticed a small 3in cd from Flukers for sale. It was in a clear, plastic/paper envelop, nothing fancy, sold for (I think) $2.99US and contained care sheets (for a number of herps), printable backgrounds, etc.

In any event, printable extras like these could add to the marketability-saleability for LPS.

Just my 2¢

Old 11-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #18
gurnham4
yeah i think the best way to make the video not cheesy is to not use people too much. Voice overs and hands is what i want to keep it down to. A few shots of breeders. Actors only work if you doing historical things and sometimes that comes out cheesy. A voice over works out much better.

i've seen the flukers cd, it seemed ok but not very, i dunno, impressive?

Are any breeders interested in participating?! please PM/email me

Old 10-03-2005, 12:37 AM   #19
groovygeckos
Just interested to see if anything has come of this ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!