How do people ship so cheaply? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:13 PM   #11
The Reptile House
Everyones rates went up some companies alot more than others. With my FedEx account if I ship online I get an aditional 10% off all my shipments.
Shanell

Old 12-10-2004, 04:55 PM   #12
Arnold8169
Here's the trick...

Okay, if you ship with U.S.P.S. it's perfectly legal for cold blooded animals, excluding snakes and turtles. Express, when gauranteed to be there next day by 12 or 3 is the way to go. I pay no more than 25.00 overnight using them and if they are late by one minute you get shipping back. I ship bearded dragons and they adults with heat pack and insulated box weigh less than 2 pounds usually and that's $17.85! There is also a trick to ge them to be late and get your shipping back every single time, but I can't tell you that one yet.......it's perfectly legal.

Jeff

Old 12-12-2004, 01:09 PM   #13
SPJ
That's fine for lizards but you cannot ship snakes USPS.
Crazy if you ask me. It's perfectly legal to ship a gator USPS but it's illegal to ship a corn snake.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:21 AM   #14
audrypayne
shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palex134
In many ads, people say shipping is only 15-30. How is it so cheap? What companys do they use?
I think that is for USPS priority shipping charges. The package is not guaranteed overnight & usually takes 1-2 days.
Cricket

Old 12-14-2004, 07:00 PM   #15
Beyond the Web
Oh c'mon teach us that trick, great master!!

Old 12-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #16
glider_gurl03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold8169
Okay, if you ship with U.S.P.S. it's perfectly legal for cold blooded animals, excluding snakes and turtles. Express, when gauranteed to be there next day by 12 or 3 is the way to go. I pay no more than 25.00 overnight using them and if they are late by one minute you get shipping back. I ship bearded dragons and they adults with heat pack and insulated box weigh less than 2 pounds usually and that's $17.85! There is also a trick to ge them to be late and get your shipping back every single time, but I can't tell you that one yet.......it's perfectly legal.

Jeff

Hi...Sorry to butt in, but the more you try to get your shipping money back, the more USPS isn't going to want to ship your shipments. I raise poultry, and we ship USPS, and if the animal is in good health, even if it's late, we try to tell people NOT to complain, because we don't want to go back to paying $100+ to ship birds through the airlines. Just keep that in mind, please. To save a little money now, you may be cursing the next generation into paying for it BIG time...

Rayna

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!