early hatching - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #11
hhmoore
Turns out there were 3. I came home and took that box out of the incubator, started removing the empties. in the process, I came across another one with a score mark and tiny slit (not even big enough for the head to poke thru). I extended the slit, and took a peek - fully formed, but dead. extended the slits on the other 2 and found the same. I can't help but think that I might have saved them if I had intervened earlier (2 of them had been trying). I know, I know; the theory that if they were strong enough to survive, they would have made it out of the egg. to add insult, one of these was easily the best one of the clutch. on the bright side, there are 11 seemingly healthy neonates crawling all over the place. there are a couple that should match the mom's (if not surpass her) looks. one looks like it will show serious diamond influence, too - no banding at all, not even little ones...just a healthy dose of spots/ocelli. I will definitely be holding at least half of these til they color up, & I have one more (small) clutch of these to go.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #12
Karen Hulvey
Nice, more pictures please.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:50 AM   #13
hhmoore
well, the babies aren't much to look at...yet. I have to take some new pics of the parents (the ones I have are from my old, whats a megapixel camera). soon though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread