Pomona show FYI - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-17-2005, 12:10 AM   #11
surfrkidts
well marcia i wish you could come to some. good thing u'll be at the NARBC show i'd love to see your stuff in person. looking forward to it.

Old 05-17-2005, 12:19 AM   #12
WiteLeo
While we are talking about shows, I can't wait to go to the Arlington Reptiles Shows in Texas! Im moving there this summer. When I lived in Florida I used to go to Datona, that is SOME show!

I also can't wait to see Kelli and her stuff...Ill live next door to her. HA!

Old 05-17-2005, 01:18 AM   #13
SFgeckos
best nor CA show...in sac

alice u should definately drive up for the sacramento reptile show. its gotten better and better each year, i think this year will be even better. not only is it the best reptile show in Northern CA but u will also get to meet me and marcia =) i wont be having a booth but will be hanging around/chatting (and bothering j/k) marcia, my friend warren treachers table (hes co tabling with the bean farm), the ebv guys, or dragon herp if mike comes up...hope to see u there!

-jon

Old 05-17-2005, 01:44 AM   #14
Herpcam
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinwl
My friends and I couldn't even find any animals at this show that we were seriously tempted to buy.

Surely you were tempted by Steve and Debra's Mack Snows, Alice? They were great looking along with all the others on their table. We were also really disappointed with the lack of vendors. I've never bought an animal from LLL and don't plan to start now. We got a couple 'unsexed' patternless leos from Reptile Depot back in 1999, both very much males and both with kinked tails and horribly inadequate packaging. We visited their shop a few weeks ago and completely understand their lack of quality when it comes to leopard geckos. Their leos in the store were in worse shape than the ones on display at Prehistoric Pets the couple times we've gone there.

It was great seeing and talking to Steve again. I wish we had the money to get a snow this time. My wife informed me that she'd have let me get one of them this time if I hadn't bought a pair of these a few months ago, aren't they cute snuggling up to their stuffed animals?

Were any of you ladies standing at the far right end of Steve's table talking to him when he showed you his Knobtail gecko from behind the table? If so, I was standing right next to you with my wife. The two ladies were having a discussion about Fauna, but I didn't feel right interrupting the conversation.

Anyway, the San Diego IRBA show was a bit better than this one, but still not as nice as the Vegas one we went to in late 99. Oh well, hopefully I'll get to go to the NARBC Anaheim show in September. I better start saving.

Here's our lone leopard gecko hatchling of the year. She hatched yesterday and is 4 grams and looks great. She actually had some skin shedding when I found her in the incubator - you can see it on her hand. I've never seen that before. From my Urban Gecko SHCT female bred to my Albey's Tangerine male.

You should come down for the next one, Gene. We could all meet up and have lunch or something.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:14 AM   #15
thesnakecharmer
Wink

Hi Rob!
lol,,, that was me and another fauna member "nwheat" (she rarely posts on here though). I was the loud-mouth brunette wearing the grey shirt and jeans.
And you totally should have piped in! I would have enjoyed meeting you guys. Oh well, next show for sure!
Take Care,
Nicole

Old 05-17-2005, 02:51 AM   #16
lefty_mussolini
I was also at the Pomona show and was somewhat dissapointed by the limited selection. But Steve's Macks were very nice to see and it was cool to meet and talk to Steve a little about them. Did anyone notice LLL's adult "Okeetee" corn snakes? One was a normal, and the other was not only not an okeetee, it seemed to be more miami-ish.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:01 AM   #17
progeckos
I haven’t attended any shows in CA (actually any shows period, I know I’m slacking) but the best one seems to be Anaheim. As Jon said the Sacramento show is also getting big as well. The Sac show is the closest one to me, about a 2 hour drive without rush hour traffic. I’m going to try and make that one this year so I might see most of you there.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:06 AM   #18
DiabloBoa
where can i find a sched. anyone?

Old 05-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #19
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBoa
Reptiles magazine has their "cold blooded events" every month. It shows 2 or 3 months (in advance), of expos. You can keep up by going to the individual sites.
www.upscalereptiles.com for the Sacramento show. July 30-31
www.irba.com for the del mar/pomona shows.
www.narbc.com for the Anaheim show. Sept. 10-11

Old 05-17-2005, 02:33 PM   #20
Golden Gate Geckos
shows

Quote:
There will also be the 2nd annual San Jose Show put on by Jeremy and Angel from Upscale Reptiles (same folks that do the Sacramaneto Show). The INFO page on my website has a schedule of shows I will be vending this year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!