Shipping leos USPS - need some help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2005, 11:58 PM   #11
SPJ
Here is the ad.

Quote:
CB juvinile Tangerine carrotail female

hatched on April 1st 2005. Eats great on mealworms as base diet. offspring from a super hypo tangerine carrottail female and a Tangerine Male. Makes a great addition to your collection specially if your a breeder. Dont miss out on this one.
Here is the leo.
No mention of USPS until our emails for shipping and payment.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 1128458499.gif (195.9 KB, 111 views)

Old 06-08-2005, 02:05 AM   #12
progeckos
To be honest if the seller won’t send the leo UPS or FedEx I wouldn’t do the deal. If they knew the hobby they would know that shipping live reptiles via USPS overnight is not an option. They’re putting the leo at risk because overnight can’t be guaranteed. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:18 AM   #13
SableLynx
USPS does not guarantee anything overnight, there fore it is not an option. If they won't ship UPS, Fed-Ex or DHL, I would say cancel the transaction. Even if you wound up with Neg feed back it would be better than causing harm to the animal. Also you have a chance to respond to neg feedback so you can state your reasons for canceling. That would earn them more of a Neg reputation than you even though it was your feedback. Does that make sense?

Old 06-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #14
dragonflyreptiles
Ive had very good results from USPS but I only use them if the buyer wants it and is within the new guaranteed delivery area by noon. So far KNOCK on WOOD this year Ive sent 6 I think and every one of them has been delivered earlier than the time guaranteed.

Biggest thing about USPS is I am in NC and I can get packages from FL next day but from me to FL it is 2 days. USPS is tricky and you have to check it, there are even areas of SC that are 2 days from me, they have the new express mail guarantee page you can go to but some areas are 3pm or 2 days and 3pm is way toooo late and 2 days is for sure out.

You can also do USPS post office to post office, when I have those come in they arrive around 6am and I can go pick them up at 8 when they open.

My incoming USPS actually gets here way earlier than the others, I get my Express before 9am and UPS and Fed x wait til the last second and come at 10:30 on the dot.

The thing I like about Fed X is I can get a pick up after 6pm and they arrive by 10:30, USPS I have to drop them off before 3pm and they still arrive around 10-noon, not alot of time difference but time does matter.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #15
SPJ
She agreed to use Fed-Ex and bill my account.
Now all I have to do is schedule the pickup and complete the shipping label.

It turns out her husband works Sunday thru Monday and she works Friday and Saturday and they only have one car so she can only get to the Post Office on Fridays or Saturdays (guess her husband won't ship packages for her).

Anyway, I want to handle the logistics since she has never used Fed-Ex. Anyone ever schedule a pickup for a different location than in your account? Can you download the printable labels? I would like to fill it out and email it to her to print.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:50 PM   #16
dragonflyreptiles
Awesome, Ive only done that with UPS so I don't know if it is the same, but UPS you put in for a return label from the shipper to you and UPS emails them the label and pick up time.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #17
Jim O
Steve,

I have scheduled pickups at other people's location on my account. You do it on the phone at 800-463-3339. As for the label, I would print it as a PDF if you have the software. Then you can e-mail it as an attachment and she can print it using the free reader. Your other option is to print it, scan it, and send it to her as an image file.

Good luck.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #18
ShannanD25
If this person has no clue about shipping(non USPS) and lacks the ability to ship on a safe day(only one car and hubby won't help) then what is this person doing breeding and offering Leos for sale via shipping anyways?

Old 06-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #19
myrogirl
I know someone that got a leo shipped through USPS. It was overnight, but they "lost" the box. Took him like a week and it had been sitting in his post office almost the whole time. They just didnt want to go look through their pile of boxes!

Luckily the leo was ok. A little cold but she came through just fine.

Good luck and glad she decided to go with fed ex!

Virginia

Old 06-15-2005, 07:17 PM   #20
SPJ
Here's an update.

We had it all worked out and the leo was to be shipped Monday for Tuesday morning delivery.

It is now Wednesday and there is no tracking info available.

I enter the number and the system says there is no data on the package (even though the seller told me they were tracking it).

I have a bad feeling that nothing was shipped and someone has my money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!