What's your opinion on pushing your buyers to the BOI? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:40 PM   #11
Matt Haines
We're new guys on the scene but I still wouldn't want to do that. I just hope that eventually someone who frequents Fauna were to purchase an animal and report their experience whether they found it to be good or bad.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #12
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
We're new guys on the scene but I still wouldn't want to do that. I just hope that eventually someone who frequents Fauna were to purchase an animal and report their experience whether they found it to be good or bad.
Same here.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:53 PM   #13
Wilomn
Matt and Richard, your approach is perfectly fine.

If though, you guys were to steer a few, as in 3 to 5, customers over here this season to help get your name known I wouldn't be perturbed by it.

If you're still doing it a year or two from now and it's all the time, then I'd be annoyed and wonder what lack you have that you must have so many pats on the back from others.

I'd also try to avoid doing business with such an attention whore as a person described above would appear to be.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:47 PM   #14
Dennis Hultman
I have had transactions with quite a few members who don't use the feedback system, which is fine with me. I would not think of asking them, if they did not do it on their own.

I believe it unprofessional and not becoming of a " Good Guy" here to go begging for ratings.

I have also left feedback for members and they opted not to do the same. I would not think of asking someone to, they would have done it if they wanted.
I will usually tell the person if I left them feedback and that would be it. If they decide to leave feedback also that is their choice.

I have directed people I have done business with on other sites to Fauna only to check out my favorite site. I would never ask them to give me a positive.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:27 PM   #15
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines

I agree and eventually they will.

Out of my first six or so transactions, I believe only one person gave feedback somewhere. I still would not suggest anyone to do so. It would be uncomfortable for me.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:13 PM   #16
dwedeking
For the older people it tends to come off wrong.

The new generation that grew up with Ebay (and the associated internet culture) it's perfectly fine.

Just a minor change in culture.

Also on ebay certain selling functions open up to you with a certain number of positive feedbacks.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:55 PM   #17
PaulSage
I think that someone directly asking a customer to leave them feedback would be in poor taste. HOWEVER, I think that having a notation on your website or an invoice regarding Fauna's 3 feedback systems is perfectly acceptable. There's always exceptions though... for example, what if someone I've known for a long time and consider a friend buys something from me, and I ask them to leave feedback? Then I'd be asking for a favor from a friend, not just a customer.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #18
Matt Haines
I have a link to the BOI from our website. It is there for the potential customer to check up on us(which at the moment will result in nothing) or other people. Then again not that it wouldn't help if they were to find a bad thread about some competition and they just happened to be deciding between us and them for a dragon.

Whether they buy or not I want them to have the best arsenal against being scammed or ripped off. Too many people give up after being screwed by some scum bag and hopefully people who do not know of this site will utilize my link.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:43 PM   #19
Wilomn
Matt, that is just the way I think it should be used.

Make it available and let your buyer decide what to do and when.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:10 PM   #20
DAND
What's your opinion on pushing your buyers to the BOI?

People like that have low to non-existent self esteem. In order for them to feel good about themselves they need to do things like that. If you are all that then there isn't any reason to call attention to it. Like yourself and the hell with what everyone else thinks about you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!