Question About Heat Packs - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:19 AM   #11
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I mean if I was selling 100% guaranteed het. I do not need to tell the customer what I would do if they turn out not to be het. There is no need. (anyone else follow what I am trying to say?)
Exactly! None of the well known and established breeders will have that clause in their ads. To announce the buyer will be getting his money back if they don’t produce the visual morph is to state there is a chance they will not ever produce it. The other statement that I find ridiculous in those guarantees is the second breeding attempt clause. Let me state that there might be some that are using it with good intentions but it doesn’t sound good at all. If you start with babies, you are stating the guarantee will be in effect after maybe 6 years have gone by. After 6 years: 1. The seller will still have to be reachable; 2) You will have to demonstrate to him that those are in fact his snakes (hopefully you kept picture ID’s); 3) Both snakes have to reach breeding size/age; health problems can happen and maybe you loose one or even both; 4) You will have to be skilled enough to have them breed for you (not everyone does it); 5) This one is most tricky one: you will have to prove to the seller satisfaction that they mated, laid, and the offspring is all normal. Not just for one breeding season, but for two. How in the world can anyone do that?

Old 11-25-2005, 10:27 AM   #12
The BoidSmith
That’s definitively a possibility. Were they in deli-cups? If the heat pack gets in contact with the deli-cup during transit it can raise the temperature even further. Sorry to hear about that.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:29 AM   #13
The BoidSmith
Sorry for the above post, wrong thread!

Old 11-25-2005, 10:31 AM   #14
The BoidSmith
That’s definitively a possibility. Depending on ambient temperatures two heat packs might have been too much for that size of a box. Were they in deli-cups? If the heat pack gets in contact with the deli-cup during transit it can raise the temperature inside even further. Sorry to hear about that.

Old 11-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #15
jsrocket
Yeah, they were in deli cups. I think the heat got 'em. In hindsight, they would have been better off with NO heat packs at all.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:49 PM   #16
The BoidSmith
You are probably right or maybe just one heat pack. The other problem is that the deli-cups, although they help maintain the humidity, will not let the heat dissipate if by any chance one gets in contact with the deli-cup.

Regards

Old 12-14-2005, 10:50 PM   #17
Whitewater Reptiles
I'd agree that the heat got them, also the heat packs don't deplete the oxygen they just react to oxygen. But heat will kill fast. I had a delivery this spring with two heat packs in a 11x17x7 box. The heat packs were laying on one bag and cooked them and most were okay in the other bag.
Mike Derks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!