Please pray for my sweet little Sunny - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:16 AM   #11
Intense Herpetoculture
Kelli,

Yet again, my heart skips a beat hearing this sad news. While Sunny is sometimes overly protective, she is a very sweet dog that is a part of your wonderful family. I know through strength you'll see the great life she has had with you since the early days of you and Steve's marriage. If you guys need (or want) ANYTHING, we are just 20 mins away. Maybe a playdate with Eden/Conor will help deal with the overbearing pain/stress you are having. Better yet, we should all make a date and go to the World Aquarium in Dallas via train? What could be better then trumping through a 7 story greenhouse full of critters and herps? Heck, I'll even pay the way for you, Steve, Conor, and even Kevin if he dares to come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Our precious mini dachshund, Sundance, hurt her back and is now completely paralyzed from mid back down to her tail tip. It is so heartbreaking, but we haven't given up on her yet. She is staying at the vet over the weekend, and we will find out if she is any better on Monday. Sometimes they do regain use of their back legs after aggressive steroid therapy. There is a surgery that can be done, but it is very expensive and with her being completely paralyzed in the back half, it most likely would not help her. This is unfortunately extremely common in dachshunds. They are such wonderful dogs, it just isn't fair that she is having to go through this. Please keep Sunny in your thoughts and prayers for me. My dogs are part of the family and I cannot bear the thought of her not being here any more. I am hoping for a miracle.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:57 AM   #12
KelliH
Justyn/Kelley I love you guys, you two are my brother/sister. I am trying to stay positive but this is just.. well, I don't even have to say it, you know what it is. I'll keep you posted.

Old 01-07-2006, 06:53 AM   #13
Intense Herpetoculture
I know Kelli, it is overbearing. If you think surgery is the way to go, let me know and maybe I can pull some strings on my end to help you on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Justyn/Kelley I love you guys, you two are my brother/sister. I am trying to stay positive but this is just.. well, I don't even have to say it, you know what it is. I'll keep you posted.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:25 AM   #14
ms_terese
Kelli, I'm so sorry to hear of this situation.

My former boss raises mini-daschunds, and they are tough little critters! His family had a breeding group of 18 or 20. They'd all be outside during bbq's or whatever, roaming the crowd and deciding whom to allow to pet them LOL. It would be quite a sight to see them all cock their heads simultaneously after picking up some noise, then go charging off through the field en masse after whatever offender they have identified. I've seen water ballet with less synchronicity! Amazing little dogs!

Many good thoughts and prayers coming your way from Missouri. Keep the faith.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:40 AM   #15
techgirl
kelli i am so sorry to hear about sundance. i pray the steriods work. i have seen some amazing miracles happen at my job with some pets that looked like they wouldn't recover. don't give up yet. if the steroids don't work, have you considered acupuncture or reiki? don't laugh, i have a co-worker who has some incredible healing hands. acupuncture has done miracles on my old boy tal when he was paralyzed from being hit by a car. you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers for sundance. keep us updated.

Old 01-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #16
dragonflyreptiles
I am so sorry to hear about Sunny, I hope things improve over the weekend!

Old 01-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #17
Sarah H
So Sorry Kelli. I hope everything works out for the better.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #18
KelliH
Bad news

We had Sunny put to sleep today. She had been staying at the vet since Friday with the hope that she would show some signs of improvement. Today when the vet called she said that the paralysis was starting to move up Sunny's body and that she was having trouble even moving her front legs. Eventually she would not be able to breathe once it got to her lung area. So we did the best thing we could for her. I am going to miss her so much, she was my little baby, my "Sunny Bunny". Maybe now she is in Heaven playing with her favorite boy.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #19
Golden Gate Geckos
OMG, Kelli... I am so very sorry to hear this! I know how hard it is to have to say good-bye to a beloved, 4-legged family member. The decision to euthanize our pets is a very difficult one, even though logically we know we are doing the most loving thing for them when all else fails. My heart is broken for you and your family... please know you can call me any time you need a friend.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #20
Cat_72
Oh Kelli........I am so, so sorry.

Just remember that you not only gave Sunny a wonderful life, you also showed her the greatest kindness a pet owner can give.....and that is not allowing her to suffer.

I will say a little prayer for all of you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!