Break in at Carolina Reptile Exchange (Bruce Eisenmanns store) - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:06 PM   #201
Classic Dum's
Tom this permit you speak of what kind of permit? What is the name of the permit? and with what state agency are you atempting to get this permit from? everytime you reply I will ask these again till you answer

Old 01-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #202
Tom McKenna
I have been talking to the Govenors office and they said there is a permit for snakes over 6ft and venomous they are sending me info on in the mail and I will be glad to send you copies when I get it or anyone

Old 01-24-2004, 12:28 PM   #203
simplysnakes
Lisa - Great to see you posting here on this. It is a shame what is happening. Have you guys seen Bruce's Criminal record on here. We will call you guys later.

It looks to me that Bruce - if I am reading them all correctly just got off probation in 8/2003. Not too long ago.
I am wondering if Bruce is a suspect to the authorities in this whole thing. If not he SHOULD BE.

TOM - Dosent matter if there is a possible permit. You CAN NOT GET OR KEEP the hots or illegal snakes until you have the permit already. So your effort to defend what you are saying is not validated by claim of the govenors office is sending me paperwork.

I have my HOT license which I am very proud of and if I were to move to another house here in FL I would not be able to move my hots to the new residence until I had a new permit for the address provided. Which takes a bit of time for FFWC to come and inspect it. It would be illegal for me to move in with my hots to that new address until I got that new permit. Florida has the system ironed out as far as hot keeping.

Point is this Tom you are wrong. You knowing let Bruce ship it the way he did and you knowingly are breaking the laws in your state and federal laws by accepting the snake thru fedex.

Beth

Old 01-24-2004, 12:36 PM   #204
Brian Oakley
THis is PART of what I read in one of the webpages I found regarding snakes/reptiles in Ill.
It reads as follows:

ALSO NOTE: In the State of Illinois, it is illegal to own any venomous reptile and/or any constrictor with a length greater than six feet. This is due to the Illinois Dangerous Animals Act which was written and enforced by the Illinois Dept. of Agriculture. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much information on this statute.

Here is the link to the site.

http://www.prairienet.org/cash/statelaw.htm

Old 01-24-2004, 12:45 PM   #205
Brian Oakley
The below info is from the Illinois Dangerous Animals Act, Tom

585/0.1 DEFINITIONS

SECTION 0.1. As used in this Act, unless the context otherwise requires: "Dangerous animal" means a lion, tiger, leopard, ocelot, jaguar, cheetah, margay, mountain lion, lynx, bobcat, jaguarundi, bear, hyena, wolf or coyote, or any poisonous or life-threatening reptile.

"Owner" means any person who (a) has a right of property in a dangerous animal, (b) keeps or harbors a dangerous animal, (c) has a dangerous animal in his care, or (d) acts as custodian of a dangerous animal.

"Person" means any individual, firm, association, partnership, corporation, or other legal entity, any public or private institution, the State of Illinois, or any municipal corporation or political subdivision of the State.

Added by P.A. 84-28, 3, eff. Jan. 1, 1986.

585/1 DANGEROUS ANIMALS PROHIBITED - EXCEPTIONS.

SECTION 1. No person shall have a right of property in, keep, harbor, care for, act as custodian of or maintain in his possession any dangerous animal except at a properly maintained zoological park, federally licensed exhibit, circus, scientific or educational institution, research laboratory, veterinary hospital or animal refuge in an escape-proof enclosure.

Here is the link to the page:
http://www.monkeymaddness.com/laws/il.html

There is pleanty more info, but I am sorry, I just do not buy it. Here is the link and I am sure Jason (since he lives in the same state as you) can give you even more info that might show you are not abising the laws of Illinois.

Jason is very correct in stating it is people that break laws that make it harder for us to keep such animals (not speaking of just venemous) and enjoying them to their fullest potential.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:46 PM   #206
JungleHabitats
Pic Beth wanted to post

here it is
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2004, 12:47 PM   #207
simplysnakes
Leroy Adams

Also ..... Leroy Adams is a man of his word. He is reliable, generous and an honest person. I am glad to call him my friend. I feel lucky to have met LeRoy and Lisa.

But what really pisses me off is that Bruce listed LeRoy as a suspect and gave his info to the police as a scape goat. LeRoy should have never been served a search warrant and put through that aggrivation. I feel bad that they have had to go through that.

I sure hope that Bruce apologizes to LeRoy. He OWES HIM!

Beth & Paul

Old 01-24-2004, 12:49 PM   #208
Brian Oakley
Please do not jump my 'you know what', as I am not a well versed person on Copperheads. My question/point is that the lighter one just looks like a normal juvie, does it not? I know they are very vibrant as youngins........at least I thought they were.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:51 PM   #209
Classic Dum's
Heres the IL law

720 ILCS 585/0.1) (from Ch. 8, par. 240)
Sec. 0.1. As used in this Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
"Dangerous animal" means a lion, tiger, leopard, ocelot, jaguar, cheetah, margay, mountain lion, lynx, bobcat, jaguarundi, bear, hyena, wolf or coyote, or any poisonous or life‑threatening reptile.
"Owner" means any person who (a) has a right of property in a dangerous animal, (b) keeps or harbors a dangerous animal, (c) has a dangerous animal in his care, or (d) acts as custodian of a dangerous animal.
"Person" means any individual, firm, association, partnership, corporation, or other legal entity, any public or private institution, the State of Illinois, or any municipal corporation or political subdivision of the State.
(Source: P.A. 84‑28.)
(720 ILCS 585/1) (from Ch. 8, par. 241)
Sec. 1. No person shall have a right of property in, keep, harbor, care for, act as custodian of or maintain in his possession any dangerous animal except at a properly maintained zoological park, federally licensed exhibit, circus, scientific or educational institution, research laboratory, veterinary hospital or animal refuge in an escape‑proof enclosure.

(720 ILCS 585/2) (from Ch. 8, par. 242)
Sec. 2. It is no defense to a violation of Section 1 that the person violating such Section has attempted to domesticate the dangerous animal. If there appears to be imminent danger to the public, any dangerous animal found not in compliance with the provisions of this Act shall be subject to seizure and may immediately be placed in an approved facility. Upon the conviction of a person for a violation of Section 1, the animal with regard to which the conviction was obtained shall be confiscated and placed in an approved facility, with the owner thereof to be responsible for all costs connected with the seizure and confiscation of such animal. Approved facilities include, but are not limited to, a zoological park, federally licensed exhibit, humane society, veterinary hospital or animal refuge.

(720 ILCS 585/3) (from Ch. 8, par. 243)
Sec. 3. Any person violating this Act shall be guilty of a Class C misdemeanor. Each day of violation constitutes a separate offense.
In the event the person violating this Act is a corporation or partnership, any officer, director, manager or managerial agent of the partnership or corporation who violates this Section or causes the partnership or corporation to violate this Section is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor.

(720 ILCS 585/4) (from Ch. 8, par. 244)
Sec. 4. This Act shall be known and may be cited as the "Illinois Dangerous Animals Act".

Someone is feeding you full of crap Tom there is no 6ft law in private ownership, thats gossip that Gary used to spread. He told me it was 6ft himself. 6ft alpies ONLY to retail stores within IL, retail stores are governed by a differant set of laws then private ownership, case law for private ownership stands at anything over 15ft in IL is concedered deadly/dangerous. Theres no ruling on crocs that states what size is to large, however case law states 4fters are not concidered deadly or dangerous. There is NO permit for 6ft/venomous. Id be willing to bet money that nothing comng in the mail just a uniformed officer to collect those snakes to your door. Now on top of all that ya got township laws which superceed state. In other words if there is some permit(which I doubt) thats says you can keep hots. That permit is NO GOOD because the township says you cannot. You can get all the permits you want township overrides, federal, state and anything else.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:59 PM   #210
Brian Oakley
WOW, that part that states each day is a seperate vialation is TOUGH!!

Thaks for the additional info Jason.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann