Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #201
cookreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Possibly assuming Ed knew they had parasites. I believe Emily was trying to make the point that since they had parasites they could not be captive born as Ed described, which has been shown to be not necessarily the case.
I am not trying to make the point that these snakes might not be cbb. I don't know for sure what they are--I am wondering and asking Ed to answer this question. Some records, hatch dates, etc. would be much appreciated.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #202
cookreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Emily - the Panacur should deal with the strongyles, and the Albon is appropriate for coccidia. The tapeworms are the only thing not really strongly addressed at this point, and, as has already been stated, they may not show up on fecals anyway. Are you saying that your vet prescribed fenbendazole for tapeworms? That's news to me, but I don't have DVM after my name, either.
Sorry you have to go through this hassle...but it happens
The tapeworms did show up on the fecal--my vet actually showed me each parasite on the slide. The only two things he prescribed are Panacur and Albon so I assume that the Panacur was prescribed for both the strongyloides and the tapeworms.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #203
rabernet
Quote:
Possibly assuming Ed knew they had parasites. I believe Emily was trying to make the point that since they had parasites they could not be captive born as Ed described, which has been shown to be not necessarily the case.
Well, it certainly does make you go hmmmm doesn't it? I know I would wonder why an animal I believed to come from someone as a CBB baby was carrying three internal parasites when others in my collection that had been randomly tested were negative.

Honestly, we've discussed modes of transmission of these parasites - would any of you honestly expect to see the presence of all three parasites in an essentially closed colony (until she added two animals from Daytona, who are in quarantine) as a result of feeding your own closed colony of rats?

All three parasites? What are the odds? Or are the odds far greater that they arrived with these parasites that the vet said had to have been present a minimum of six months but more likely a year or more? We'll know more tomorrow after she gets the other two tested.

Wouldn't you go hmmmm? if the only three snakes in your colony that tested positive for these parasites came from the same source? Or if it came from her rats, were her odds so incredibly good that they only infected the animals she got from Ed?

It makes me go hmmmm? when Ed has to "check" to see what he really sent her. But she's not asking him for compensation. She wanted him to know so that he could warn his other customers. When he posted later that it didn't come from him (on the screen shot Judy provided) - it was pretty clear, he had no intention of notifying his customers that there was the "possibility" that he sent out animals with parasites and they should get their animals checked.

And still, Ed has not gotten back to Emily regarding these snakes, either privately or here on this thread.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #204
kmurphy
Quote:
I am not trying to make the point that these snakes might not be cbb. I don't know for sure what they are--I am wondering and asking Ed to answer this question. Some records, hatch dates, etc. would be much appreciated.
It wouldn't take too long the generate a fairly impressive history. You can never really be sure so you have to be able to trust the person you purchased from. I assume now that you don't trust Ed. I wouldn't either. It wouldn't take too long to generate a fairly impressive history. So IMO it wouldn't be of much value.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #205
kmurphy
Quote:
Well, it certainly does make you go hmmmm doesn't it?
I don't disagree with you Robin but for a BOI thread after such a long time the evidence should be inconclusive IMO. Is it fair to make a post the hurts someone's reputation and business because it looks like that's what happened. To be honest prior to this thread I didn't know how tapeworms were transmitted to reptiles(especially in a closed collection) and in the beginning I wasn't giving Ed the benefit of the doubt. However, it appears there is more to it and Hmmmm just isn't good enough.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #206
cookreptiles
Quote:
It wouldn't take too long the generate a fairly impressive history. You can never really be sure so you have to be able to trust the person you purchased from. I assume now that you don't trust Ed. I wouldn't either. It wouldn't take too long to generate a fairly impressive history. So IMO it wouldn't be of much value.
At the time of the trade I trusted Ed, thus the position I am in now. Of course I'm feeling rather sketchy about him at this point, having found parasites in one of the snakes he sent me, suspecting their presence in the others he sent, and him disappearing and not answering the question of whether these snakes are cbb or not. Sure he could generate a false history, but he won't even answer a simple question--how long does it take to check your records?

Old 09-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #207
Gecko_Den
Quote:
I don't disagree with you Robin but for a BOI thread after such a long time the evidence should be inconclusive IMO.
Kevin, is it safe to assume that you meant to say "the evidence should be conclusive"?

Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #208
kmurphy
Quote:
Kevin, is it safe to assume that you meant to say "the evidence should be conclusive"?
Thanks Sam, I guess I should stop posting for a while. Two mistakes in two threads is two too many.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #209
brucestephenson
What a sad farce this is. This is quite obviously an assassination attempt upon Ed. None of you has presented any evidence that an intellectual person would convict Ed for these being parasites from his snakes. The accuser has admitted that a snake that she has not even proved to be Ed's might be the one that had a fece that contained parasites almost one year after a trade. You have not even proven a chain of evidence custody with the fece to even begin to mount a reasonable case against Ed. And you would have to provide alot further kinds of evidence to proceed after that. What a travesty of justice this is. Ed has absolutely no obligation to come on this thread to feed the hyenas and jackals that want to prey upon him to feed their sociopathic boredom and internet addiction. Take Captain Kirk's advice and get a life.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #210
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
What a sad farce this is. This is quite obviously an assassination attempt upon Ed. None of you has presented any evidence that an intellectual person would convict Ed for these being parasites from his snakes. The accuser has admitted that a snake that she has not even proved to be Ed's might be the one that had a fece that contained parasites almost one year after a trade. You have not even proven a chain of evidence custody with the fece to even begin to mount a reasonable case against Ed. And you would have to provide alot further kinds of evidence to proceed after that. What a travesty of justice this is. Ed has absolutely no obligation to come on this thread to feed the hyenas and jackals that want to prey upon him to feed their sociopathic boredom and internet addiction. Take Captain Kirk's advice and get a life.

4, 7 and 8.

Nuff said.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!