Info Al Brown/ Liar - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #201
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Thanks Chris.I too am thick headed.Ask HH MOORE.I think he told me that once too.
Rich,
You should probably stop referencing our past issues in unrelated matters (I know you've dragged my name onto at least one other forum without good reason). All anybody has to do is look, or ask, to find the truth about those situations...and they won't reflect positively on you. The whole reason we had an issue was because you misread/misinterpreted something another member posted, saw red, and couldn't shake yourself free of the approach you took (unwarranted attack).
While I have been somewhat critical of you in this thread - in terms of pointing out the difference between your view and what was actually said, some discrepancies in your statements, and the problem I saw with the timing of your post - I have continued to agree that since Al said he would include (more complete) lineage information on the paperwork, he should have done so. You did - inadvertently, it seems - answer one of my questions, though...you stated (post 164) that Al did give you all the information you wanted on the phone. Again, I understand where you are coming from, and that you want something from the breeder for your records...and to show to future customers; but, since you've already stated in this thread that you didn't expect any formal document, it remains unclear to some of us why you are railing on "lineage papers" (which, as I pointed out earlier, were never actually promised...at least in the manner that you keep referencing).

Bottom line is that you had the information from the start, and you are happy with the snake. Do you realize that you made more of a fuss about this than you did about the bad paperwork you received in a different transaction?

Old 11-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #202
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Van Atta View Post
Futile is trying to reason with unreasonable people. You did not post in your situation because you knew better. If he was unhappy with his snake or had ANY thought that it was not what he was told, he should have packed it right back up and sent it back.

This thread is full of opinions. Mine is that this thread was absolutely unwarranted. He plans on keeping that snake to breed someday and sell the offspring. How long will that take? Al is not going anywhere.

The man was verbally given the lineage, and he believed it. Al slipped and forgot the photo ID, which he provided ASAP. This was not what Rich wanted. When it was received by the OP, Al was on vacation, and promised to get it to him, once again ASAP. Like you said, it was just a piece of paper. Instead, first morning home he wakes up to this.

What was the total time frame of purchase to now, Rich? Oh yeah, you said you were done. I hope so. I know the answer anyway.

BTW Do your research. I am a good guy, sticking up for another one. You on the other hand.....

Need to learn some patience. Good luck with what you've got so far. I have a feeling buying boas from reputable breeders may start proving difficult if you keep actions like these up. Best wishes to you, and your sweet jungle from Al.
I see your point, for him to pack it "right back up" and send it back would be a much easier solution then simply sending the requested document in the mail. And maybe Al isn't going anywhere, but the OP doesn't know that. I don't either. Maybe I missed a post here. If so, someone please direct me to one that is different from the following said in post 38...Subject: Re: jungle het lipstick male
To: bluedogs06gto@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 22:11:38 +0000

I can send you pix of the albino jungle fathers parents.. To see the females parents you will have to go to peter kahls site... Litter 19 in the boa birthing record for 2006 as it says on the photo id... I won't be able to get you the pics of the albino jungles parents until Monday when I get home from vacation...
I see a promise to send more PIX. Not lineage documents the OP requested. I don't believe he will have any problems buyong from reputable breeders. Money talks...

Old 11-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #203
smilts
Yes he did say that to the OP in that email. he was also on vacation and not given time to return and do as promised before this thread was started.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #204
Jesse Van Atta
And BS walks. His name pops up in a search here as well. People that take the time to read can make up their own mind about it. Both sides have been argued and discussed to no end here.

Buyers are not the only ones who do research before a transaction.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #205
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
True That!

Old 11-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #206
Chris Kennard
Quote:
And BS walks. His name pops up in a search here as well. People that take the time to read can make up their own mind about it. Both sides have been argued and discussed to no end here.

You must have taken a poll or done an extensive study. I would think that most "reputable" or high end breeders wouldn't have the time to screen so many potential buyers...with cash. Perhaps that's why they don't post here much. Unlike you guys with superior business ethics, they're too busy. Guess I'll have to take your respected 'seller doing research' theory. Oops, I meant to say fact. Surely you wouldn't lie about such a think, assuming you were speaking for the "selling" masses.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #207
crotalusadamanteus
Not all reputable, or high end breeders, do it for a living, so some might just have a little more time to check things out. I have a simple word document that I add names too as I go along. Some from BOI threads, some from giving me the run around, some simply because I don't like them and don't want them having any of my animals. It's simple enough when I get an inquiry to open up that doc and scan for names, and then pop in here and do the same.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #208
Jesse Van Atta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
You must have taken a poll or done an extensive study. I would think that most "reputable" or high end breeders wouldn't have the time to screen so many potential buyers...with cash. Perhaps that's why they don't post here much. Unlike you guys with superior business ethics, they're too busy. Guess I'll have to take your respected 'seller doing research' theory. Oops, I meant to say fact. Surely you wouldn't lie about such a think, assuming you were speaking for the "selling" masses.
I have no reason to lie, and was speaking for myself. I care about where my animals are going. This forum has kept me from at least a couple of incidences like this one with Al.

And in the name of research, I looked into the past 100 or so posts of yours. I found three that were not combative in some way.... and even those could be construed as such.

In summary, Chris, you are the troll from under the bridge. I hope I get to see it fall on top of you some day. Until then, keep pushing people's buttons like I know you will. Hell, everyone needs a hobby. I guess this is your, so haven't it.

I have nothing more to add here. Anyone can make their own decision on who the bad guy really is in this thread. I think it is Chris Kennard. I also think the OP is a powder keg of a buyer that sellers should beware of. And to be done and finished, Al Brown, in my eyes, is still one of the good guys.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #209
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Not all reputable, or high end breeders, do it for a living, so some might just have a little more time to check things out. I have a simple word document that I add names too as I go along. Some from BOI threads, some from giving me the run around, some simply because I don't like them and don't want them having any of my animals. It's simple enough when I get an inquiry to open up that doc and scan for names, and then pop in here and do the same.
I'm glad that works for you. Not everyone has the convenience to do that. It would be an awesome plus if everyone did have the time, but realistically, they don't for the most part. Either you breed and sell animals for a living, or you breed and sell animals with spare time left from another job/income, which is probably harder and even more time consuming. I could see retirees having the time. Honestly, most times I have bought animals from someone, once they got their money and I got my snake(s), they became very difficult to get ahold of and rarely called back unless I wanted to buy more animals from them. That can be frustrating for alot of people, but I understand that is business. That aside, I see your point and not all productive things as you practice work for everyone, unfortunately.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #210
Jesse Van Atta
"I guess this is your, so haven't it."

I meant... I guess this is yours. Have at it. Stupid predictive texts....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!