High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 213 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #2121
aleria
Awesome job digging all that info up.
And I would be very apt to believe that Jim/James is yet another one of his alias's and not another person as it seems like he's been doing just fine all this time just pretending to be someone else along with Tawni. No reason for him to start sharing the wealth now.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #2122
BenR
Nice work Adrian!!!

I too was onto Jim Johnston when he first popped up on kingsnake selling snakes I was pretty sure only Damon had. Other than a couple emails, with him and a post on the BOI I never looked into it anymore.

As for Danny Woosley I can tell you for a FACT him and Damon were Bestfriends out here in California. He was even living at Damon's place at one point. I noticed him selling what looked to be snakes from Damon on kingsnake as well.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #2123
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
I too was onto Jim Johnston when he first popped up on kingsnake selling snakes I was pretty sure only Damon had. Other than a couple emails, with him and a post on the BOI I never looked into it anymore.

As for Danny Woosley I can tell you for a FACT him and Damon were Bestfriends out here in California. He was even living at Damon's place at one point. I noticed him selling what looked to be snakes from Damon on kingsnake as well.
ok... So that leaves us with the Jim/James person to figure out if he is real or not. Still the possibility of being a real person who is a good buddy of Damon's... kinda like Danny perhaps. While thinking about this something came to mind.. had to do some hunting through old posts in the thread to find the article..

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=82459&page=10

Quote:
Authorities find alligators, snakes being transported in RV trailer
April 19, 2005 10:53 AM

Authorities have found 32 alligators and about 50 boa constrictors being hauled in an RV trailer along an Arizona interstate.

State Department of Public Safety officials said Damon Heynen, 38, was driving a truck towing an RV trailer on Interstate 10 Sunday night when he was pulled over for a faulty taillight.Upon investigating the trailer, DPS found 32 alligators and about 50 boa constrictors in cages.Authorities said most of the gators were small but one was more than 8-feet long and weight about 400 pounds.The trailer also included three desert tortoises and several rats and chickens.Heynen told DPS he was moving from California to Georgia and taking the animals with him.Heynen was cited for driving on a suspended license and asked to repair the taillight.Arizona Game and Fish officials were investigating the incident since it's against state law to possess an alligator without a permit.Fish and Game officials seized the reptiles, which have been were placed in the care of the Phoenix Herpetological Society.

let's see...here's my possible scenario.... Damon on the run from California, gets arrested in AZ for illegal animal transport across their state lines, tells authorities there that he's in the process of just "moving to Georgia", but instead ends up setting up shop in LA. At some point in time, old buddy Danny in California moves to Texas. Now Damon gets busted in LA and we have a Jim/James in Georgia who suddenly has to sell off everything and "move to a better state" and then moves in next door to Damon in LA. Once in LA, James/Jim suddenly has "hundreds" of animals to sell. (obviously fronting for Damon since they are the same types of animals damon is known for having). Around the same time that James supposedly ends up in LA, Damon ups and skips bail and has a shiny new warrant out for his bad self (on top of the AZ warrants) and with some rumors floating around that Damon may head off into Texas.

Damon obviously can't move his animals with him this time around considering the circumstances, so brings buddy from GA in to front things while he goes and sets up shop somewhere else after having skipped bail. The LA cops obviously know where he lives and should have arrested him after the warrant was issued, but probably can't because he's no longer in residence there?

Now.. where in the world is Damon going to land this time? Tx, Ga, somewhere else? lol

Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #2124
chamgirl99471
Apparently they are still receiving payments to that LA address unless the have it forwarded somewhere else... In that case the police need to be notified and go check at the Post Office.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 AM   #2125
HerpVenue
So, any new updates?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #2126
Mad4You2
Damon got snagged in my neck of the woods!

http://www.kltv.com/story/14485852/n...edirected=true

check it out....just came in on Facebook to the tv station link!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #2127
Mad4You2
copy of the news story from KLTV.com

Nearly 100 snakes seized from Wood Co. property
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 5:47 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 20, 2011 5:51 PM CDT
By Elizabeth Thomas, Community Web Producer - email

David Beauchemin. Photo Source: Wood Co. Sheriff's Office.

WOOD COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - The Wood County Sheriff's Office along with the Game Warden, and members of the Caldwell Zoo reptile department are working to safely seize 75-100 large snakes from a property outside of Quitman.

David Beauchemin, 45, was arrested Wednesday afternoon, after authorities discovered an outstanding bench warrant from Allen Parish, LA for failure to appear on 23 counts of Animal Cruelty.

He will be extradited back to Louisiana.

According to officials on the scene, Boa Constrictors, Pythons, and Anacondas are among the many snakes currently being seized from the property.

The Humane Society of North Texas is en route.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #2128
crotalusadamanteus
LOL Cool!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #2129
mikecon812
Got ya

You Can but you can't hide

Old 04-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #2130
Tim Cole
Local Herp societies are also assisting with the care of these animals and more than likely eventual placement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart