Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:44 PM   #211
dieselfan
No. In your post(#202) you word it in a manner to make it seem like you have no involvement in this transaction with Mike and Garrett. The truth is, you also have money in this same transaction and you are intentionally withholding info. At this point I dont believe anything you or Garrett say.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #212
schaumda
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
No. In your post(#202) you word it in a manner to make it seem like you have no involvement in this transaction with Mike and Garrett. The truth is, you also have money in this same transaction and you are intentionally withholding info. At this point I dont believe anything you or Garrett say.
I am still saying the same: I am not involved in Garretts and Mikes deal. Before this threat started I did not even know the name of Mike.
Just because someone gets a burger from McD, does that mean he is automatically in a deal with everyone else buying a burger there?
Just asking, no need to answer.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #213
dieselfan
That is rich! You just happen to be another innocent reptile enthusiast tangled in Garretts web of lies and deception? Nice try at spin tactics Markus.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #214
schaumda
Quote:
That is rich! You just happen to be another innocent reptile enthusiast tangled in Garretts web of lies and deception? Nice try at spin tactics Markus.
Do you really believe I would invest money in animals coming just on hearsay? I asked for the contact information to Pakistan before sending any money. And I don't feel that I will loose money on that deal. If so, yes, I invested. That's my own risk. But I will not loose money.
I am shipping animals to Garrett worth way more then what I invested in Pakistan. Don't you think those would have been lost with a scammer? Actually they have never been lost but in good caring hands.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #215
dieselfan
Markus, ANY deposit given in any sale is based on hearsay(maybe plus pics too?). That is kind of a fundamental variable. So what you are saying now is some guy in Pakistan has all of you guys money totalling in the $20,000 range? Garrett claims to have more than what Mike has "invested"(LOL) in this transaction. Sorry I am really having a hard time making since of what you and Garrett claim.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #216
nickolasanastasiou
Patrick, Markus has been consistent (and I believe honest) regarding the nature of his involvement in various activities. I do not think that trying draw Markus into things that Garret is responsible for is the appropriate thing to do. Markus is his own person and I have not seen evidence of him committing any wrongdoing here.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #217
snowgyre
From what I understand from Markus's explanation, there were three initial investors for the hardwickii: Garrett, Mike, and Markus. Garrett was acting as the primary importer. Markus was aware of a US investor at the time but did not know who it was (turns out it was probably Mike). Once the animals were imported, Garrett would send Mike's animals to Mike, and Markus's animals to Markus (hence the re-export).

I believe Markus when he says he's uninvolved in this conflict between Garrett and Mike. Initially, I think Markus posted in this thread in support of his US contact, Garrett, which is reasonable for a business partner to do.

I've actually learned far more about this transaction from Markus than from Garrett, and I appreciate Markus's input. I agree with him that Mike and Garrett should solve this issue as soon as possible. If I was Garrett, I'd simply return all of Mike's money and be done with it. Unfortunately, Garrett seems to react emotionally before thinking logically. Frustration with a transaction can only explain away so much poor behavior... Garrett initially got on my do-not-buy-or-sell-from list when he chose to make a big fiasco over spilled karma and two highly derogatory, inappropriate posts on my BOI thread.

If Garrett wasn't so quick to react so unprofessionally, I think the tone of this BOI would've been very different.

In response to Markus's comment about those of us who frequent the BOI: yes, several of us do very closely monitor the BOI. I am one of those people. Some of us do get carried away sometimes with the drama sometimes. However, we are trying to gather as much information as possible to try to figure out exactly what happened and who may be entitled to compensation. Reacting defensively, aggressively, or unprofessionally will generally hurt a cause, even if you're guilty of no wrong. Garrett's behavior alone has alienated pretty much everyone here.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #218
nickolasanastasiou
trying to* draw

Old 09-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #219
dieselfan
Fair enough Nickolas.. Hopefully what Markus states is true. Its just hard to believe that these two are not in cahoots with one another.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:34 PM   #220
schaumda
Quote:
Markus, ANY deposit given in any sale is based on hearsay(maybe plus pics too?). That is kind of a fundamental variable. So what you are saying now is some guy in Pakistan has all of you guys money totalling in the $20,000 range? Garrett claims to have more than what Mike has "invested"(LOL) in this transaction. Sorry I am really having a hard time making since of what you and Garrett claim.
Yes, I agree with what you say about the hearsay. What I mean is, its a third world country. An investment in this anyone in this business is making on more then just the trust we have when doing sales or buys in Europe or the US.
It is a lot of emails, whatsapps, pictures,...
It's different from the hearsay within our stable systems with good connected sellers and especially well connected buyers for rare animals.
That's why I made my decision based on a lets say feeling I got from directly speaking and writing with Pakistan.
Sure, also in Europe and the US you can loose money in deals or get wrong or ill animals. But the chance to suffer on this is way lower.
I can understand a lot of things written here. And I respect different views on a situation. But from what I read here, I make my own conclusions. Please respect, that people might understand this situation as an investment. As I and others respect that others see it as a regular deal.
That's why it is more important they speak open (and especially in a private background without both parties fearing every word being shown to the world).
Because that helps none of them. Please excuse, if I not reply any more today as it is middle of the night now. Generally, I don't think I can add any more constructive comments to this situation. I don't believe anyone can except Mike and Garrett talking and finding a solution, in what direction is ever best for them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!