Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #211
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
It's the Wal-mart effect he's counting on, and he will most likely get away with the unprofessionalism he's displayed here today.

Wal-mart's strategy is simple. "You may not like us, but hot diggity, we sell it cheap enough you can't really avoid us ."

People won't see this thread as the reason to not use Reptster, because Reptster has enabled a large group of people to ship their snakes across the country, when they couldn't before.

Why will they use it?

It's cheaper freight.
It's easy.
I disagree Connie. While there will be some whose only concern is saving a few bucks on shipping, a good number of people in this industry have enough integrity to not look past the shabby way David has handled this situation.

I think this situation will definitely hurt him where he apparently lives.....his wallet

Old 09-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #212
BryonsBoas
Its going to be a personal choice for someone to decide if the $10 - 20 they save on shipping is worth how they value themselves and their level of professionalism.

I hold myself to higher standard and saving a few bucks on shipping isn't near enough to make me sell that out. I'd rather split or discount the shipping before I would support a moron who thinks more highly of himself than anyone else.

I could have stayed neutral or even given the benefit of the doubt if he had actually come here with his head not locked firmly in a dark & steamy orifice and given a better PROFESSIONAL argument with actual document support as he stated he would have. Its now irregardless which party is in the right , although the OP has actually presented a believable case in comparison , but any possibility of support died with such an offensive and unprofessional post.

Just from what I've seen here, there are at least a half dozen or more crickets chirping already and I'm happy to be one of them.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #213
angelkitty
Wow! I think David shot himself in the foot with that latest comment . Yes I am a friend of Kelly and no I do not personal know David and no I have not use his services yet-I was going to but the person that shipped me my dragon used usps overnight service since she was comfortable using that service and had always used them. Kelly is working her butt off for this show and my heart goes out to her. This is the last thing she needs so close to her show. There has been 1,000s of flyers handed out and people are talking about this show! I have a feeling it's gonna be big. I know I hand out flyers all the time. Granted Kelly's show has benefited from the Reptster name but Reptster has also benefited from their name on the flyers. I had a vendor in Maryland ask me about them when I gave them a flyer and they said they were gonna check them out to see if they could save on their shipping! I look at it this way-their are emails that David agreed on the $750 and if he did not why did he not send an email reply back saying no and IF he did then why doesn't he produce them. If I was David I would be defending myself, my actions, my reputation, my business but then again I would not be David cause I go through with my commitments and my contracts.

Kelly-I'll call you tomorrow on my way back from Philly to chat-hang in there girl! The show will be great! Love you!

Catherine

Old 09-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #214
critical bill
I dont have a Repster account to cancel but I think there is also more than just that way to burn the guy. I wouldn't do business with anyone that utilizes Repster's service. Plain and simple. No business for him in or out.

That will be my position until he comes forward with a sincere apology to the members and staff of fauna, and as well that he completes his monetary obligation to the Kordek's.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #215
MiIguanaLvr
Thumbs down

Although I am just now getting ready to have the first animal shipped to me ever (I have gotten the rest locally), I would not use Repster. I know that a little customer like myself won't make a bit of difference to the success of repster, however I do have many friends who do quite a bit of shipping on a regular basis. I will make sure they all see this thread.

How many times have I heard people here on Fauna say that the true test of good service is when there is a problem. Well, now you all know what would most likely happen if you had a service issue with Repster.
You would probably be dismissed, like you just didn't matter at all.

As I said, I may not be a big time customer (maybe someday though) but I still want to be treated with respect. My money is still green and hard earned. I do not want to benefit someone who does not care if I am their customer or not.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #216
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
You don't need repster to get the discounts. My contract says I can not reveal what my discounts are~ but I can disclose that I get discounts and they are better than repsters. Get certified~ it's easy. Call your rep and explain that you should be entitled to discounts because you are not entitled to the garantees ~ explain how much money the animals your shipping are worth and that because of your contract you are not entitled to any compensation if they lose or mangle a box. Be NICE about it. The rep will be nice about it if you are and will find discounts for you. Then~ honor your agreement and don't try to make any claims if (WHEN) they screw up a box or deliver it late.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #217
critical bill
He hasn't been back to read for a while. Maybe he's busy breastfeeding.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #218
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
He hasn't been back to read for a while. Maybe he's busy breastfeeding.

He and Terry are proably trying to figure out Bryon's rope idea.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #219
dprince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
You don't need repster to get the discounts. My contract says I can not reveal what my discounts are~ but I can disclose that I get discounts and they are better than repsters. Get certified~ it's easy. Call your rep and explain that you should be entitled to discounts because you are not entitled to the garantees ~ explain how much money the animals your shipping are worth and that because of your contract you are not entitled to any compensation if they lose or mangle a box. Be NICE about it. The rep will be nice about it if you are and will find discounts for you. Then~ honor your agreement and don't try to make any claims if (WHEN) they screw up a box or deliver it late.
I was just going to post this. I tried the Reptster website and FedEx's for the same shipment, and FedEx's rate was cheaper (I am an account holder and certified shipper with FedEx, FWIW.)

Old 09-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #220
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
He and Terry are proably trying to figure out Bryon's rope idea.
I'd suggest chest waders. As bad as David's aim was with his last post , I doubt it would be just shoes getting wet no matter how big the rope.

Then again , with the reputation that David has been earning for himself , somebody could be looking like an idiot standing in a parking lot wearing chest waders and holding a rope for someone who won't be showing up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster