Bad Guy NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM GENERALEXOTICS.COM!!! - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #211
chamgirl99471
Glad to see they took everyone's posts and improved themselves and didn't throw a hissy fit like a lot of people would have done! I'm sure there are still some issues they may need to clear up but they are on the right track! You go GE!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #212
Jadenkisses
I was impressed with the way he handled the situation after it was brought here, and also, when I saw the changes had been made, as per my request.
I'm with Kevin though, things are still a little iffy.
One thing is - I'm glad I was refunded the full amount, and not charged for the one frog that was still alive, because not very long after this was all settled, the little guy passed. Not sure what the problem was at all - he was still in QT, of course, he didn't seem lethargic, acted normal, was eating pretty well, and I was treating him with metronidazole, but he didn't make it. It was upsetting, but not the end of the world. I knew the animal was WC and the problems that can come with being WC. But at least when I went to a Repticon show on July 4, I got a CB to got with my group. There was only one vendor there with them, and they were unsexed. I picked one that looked male-ish. Turns out, I was right! I put him in QT, and by night fall, I actually saw him call. He did it while I was misting him. But now, he's with my group, and giving my other males a run for their money!
But anyway, yeah, I saw this thread up again, and didn't want to update just to tell all you guys that the last frog died, but I since it was updated anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know. But Eric really appears like he's trying to do right, he just has a little more ways to go - but I think he does care.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #213
Maldesto
I still don't understand how they don't have pictures on 25% of their animals they are selling, which is ridiculous on their part, they expect people to buy animals from them with no pictures. I could never do that.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #214
Southern Wolf
even if they had pics... your not buying that animal anyways.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:05 AM   #215
Jadenkisses
Yes - that's why purchasing from the in the first place was a stupid mistake. Lesson learned! I am much more informed about this kind of stuff than I was before I found Fauna. And I was oblivious as to how much people get scammed in the hobby. I no longer buy anything from anyone until I've checked them out here and other places. And no more "representative photo" for me!

Old 08-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #216
omni
While it is good that this particular issue was made right, even tho GE is making effort to polish his act, there leaves a lot to be desired about the business model. I give credit for making some changes. But even in a perfect scenario with how their business is set up, nobody but someone new to herps would buy from. Definately not the serious collector/hobbyist, but I don't think that's their intended market anyway.
Good Luck with the froggies, Jade.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #217
Southern Wolf
I never once said I agreed with their business model..... but I did say that if they were more honest and changed the wording on their site that was meant to decieve I would reverse my BG vote in their certs thread.

He did what he said he would... and so did I.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!