Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #211
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian S.
Oh yeah thank you all for the phony PM's about all the the junk you hear at other places @ other times regarding TSE. Oh I'll be starting a business soon selling auto insurance but if I'm sick and you get into an accident talk to Chris's proctologist I think he's responsible since I'm sick. I'll be sure to keep tabs once in a while though while I sickly role around in the doe.

How much longer do you think the MODS or Webslave are going to let you call people names or throw around insults and such on the BOI. Not long I think. You can say anything you want here as long as it is respectful of the other members and happens to be the truth.
Good luck with your auto insurance business as I hope everyone does well in their endeavors whatever they may be.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #212
Ian S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
How much longer do you think the MODS or Webslave are going to let you call people names or throw around insults and such on the BOI. Not long I think. You can say anything you want here as long as it is respectful of the other members and happens to be the truth.
Good luck with your auto insurance business as I hope everyone does well in their endeavors whatever they may be.
You are absoultely right. Here I'll remove myself

Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #213
Ian S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
I apologize for my illness, apparently things have been hectic for the guys but they are trying their very best. Please be patient.

PS. I am not up to communicating via a BOI thread at the moment so you will have to excuse me... this will be my only response to this post. I was alerted via email by a few members and figured some sort of acknowledgement was required and you guys summed most of it up in a nutshell for us. I thank you, you guys are great. I hope to be back around soon. Praises, complaints, questions, anything can be sent to sales@topshelfexotic.com as this thread will not be monitored. The guys have better things to do, like ship orders!

Take care guys
Before I go!! Just to show everyone how this works. There were 10 post after this. If this much effort was put into shipping animals this thread wouldn't be here.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #214
Zoo Supply
Well..

For the purpose of this thread, When I refer to Chris, I refer to Top Shelf exotics, tse, chris johnson...all as one entity.
I will start by saying that I have a reptile related business...A business that I hopefully will keep making a living off of, so I Don't have to do any other work. It is a job that I love, I put in a lot of hours, a lot of "on call" hours, late phone calls, trips to airports, trips to shows, etc.. etc.. etc..
That being said...I will say that I would be lost if I had the problems that chris is having. I have people that help me in the store, However I dont know if there is a single person on this planet that I would feel comfortable with running my business on a day to day basis as chris has had to do.
My blood sweat and tears have gone into this business, no one elses as much as me. I am sure chris is the same way. While things have gone out of hand with TSE, I don't think there are very many businesses in this industry that wouldn't have the same thing happen to them in this given situation.
It is unfortunate that this company has had backups, problems, and shortcomings. I for one am damn thankful that I am not having these problems, I am sure that the easy way out is to say screw it, I give up. I know that when you put as much time and effort into something as I have (and I am sure chris has) you dont ever wanna give up. Sometimes it is time to and you still don't want to, and in some cases refuse to. Much like an athlete that retires too late.
So anyways, while I am not condoning what is going on, nor am I trying to make excuses, I think that this is one of those legitimate problems that may arise, that totally hit you off base and throws your whole business off kilter.
I truely wish chris all the best of luck in his health, his business, and re-establishing his good name.
TOM

Old 04-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #215
KNOBTAIL
hey TOM,

are we supposed to give you a medal ! Do you think that you are in a class of 1. Everyone has the same hardship, and everyone works hard at what they do in this industry. Thats one of the reasons its so profitable. I know of no importer or wholesaler or retailer that does not come into contact with some kind of difficulty whether its with animals, airlines, employees, etc. but thats not the issue.

The issue is being prepared in advance for some kind of adversity. Making sure that the daily machinery of running a business is still active even though you may not be. Its ridiculous because 1 person is out of commission and the whole operation should go to pots! Thats the issue.

I am just as sorry for Chris as you are, but the daily operations must continue to run smooth or provide the refunds, and shut down if it gets out of hand as it has. A smart operation should have a contingency plan. If you were in the fish business here in So. Fla. it would make sense to have a generator to keep you stock alive in case of a loss of power. You dont go looking for one after the power is gone. Its the same thing with a one man operation. Chris needs someone who can take the helm, continue to operate , write the checks, speak to the people, make decisions, etc.

Secondly look at the liability that Chris could become party to. If his people are incapable of keeping things running smoothly, then people dont get paid, refunds dont get given, and these problems turn out to be irreversible, and damages the good name that may have taken years to develop.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #216
nicolai
Excellent post Tom!!! Glad to see another neutral opinion here. Do you actually have a back up plan orgaized if you had a heart attack or something. Just curious as this seems to be the direction the thread is heading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo Supply
A business that I hopefully will keep making a living off of, so I Don't have to do any other work.
Not too many people can do it these days, too much overhead and competition to make very much money it the business anymore unless you are into high end morphs or are a large importer.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 PM   #217
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
Excellent post Tom!!! Glad to see another neutral opinion here. Do you actually have a back up plan orgaized if you had a heart attack or something. Just curious as this seems to be the direction the thread is heading.

Not too many people can do it these days, too much overhead and competition to make very much money it the business anymore unless you are into high end morphs or are a large importer.
Or just ripping people off!!

Old 04-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #218
Laura Fopiano
Enough already!!

Nicholas you reported Ian for calling you Nicki....pulease....I have seen more activity on this thread from you then any other member, even those who believed that they have been taken for a ride....Don't ya think that it's time to move on and let the actually staff at TSE (Glenn) defend their actions??

I do not think that Chris is a bad guy, I enjoy his post's and Chris I do hope that your health returns to you quickly. Take care and get well soon!!

Old 04-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #219
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Or just ripping people off!!
How correct you are, there are way too many rip off artists preying on the reptile community these days, even a large amount from overseas coming after our money and animals here. I am glad though that no one on this thread was ripped off and everyone got there money back or their animals.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #220
MANTIS
Just my two cents....

I just want to give my two cents, as I see this thread getting 6 pages longer a day anyway!

In my opinion, the best post I read in these 44 pages was Tom's. He is right, and I couldn't word it better myself. Its so unfortunate to see such a reputable business get a bashing like this, especially because of Chris geting sick. I don't know about anybody else, but spending 20 hours a day in bed is the best excuse I have ever heard for falling behind. I am not saying that it excuses it, but it definetly helps explain it.

As Chris said, the boys are doing their best to get everything caught up. If Fed-ex does only limit their packages they can ship out everyday, then that may explain a big part of it. Everyone has different opinions, and I guess it is just a matter of which side you are on. As Nicolai(terribly sorry if that is incorrect spelling, it is not intentional) has stated, nobody has been directly ripped off by TSE. Jason was given new snakes, and the deal was set right. But on the other hand, as Shrap was saying, not refunding the money is in their TOS, but waiting 6 months to receive animals isn't. IMO TSE should refund any money to people who want it back, considering the long waiting list.

In my opinion, this thread has carried on way too long, with everybody repeating the same thing in many instances (including myself on some things).

If I was in Chris's shoes, I would probably not be too concerned with shipping out packages either. After all, his health should come first. Hopefully, with Chris being in everyone's prayers (i know he is in mine every night ), Chris will be able to return soon and salvage his business and his reputation, whats left of it.

-Adam.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!