Reptster Shipping - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #221
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_c_62 View Post
The one thing I didn't find any information about is the "Perishable, Handle With Care" stencile on the box. Is that something that is required or not? If so does it have to be printed on the box or can it be a sticker stuck on after manufacturing? It is a good idea for sure, but is it a fine point that will get your test package rejected if not done JUST SO?
Not required but it comes preprinted on many boxes.
The ones from Superior Enterprises are white with that wording red lettering.
It also has arrows showing which should be the top of the box so Fed Ex (hopefully) doesn't place it upside down. Just another feature to ensure that the delivery company is made aware that they shouldn't man-handle that particular package (although sometimes it doesn't make a difference with them).

Old 10-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #222
Southern Wolf
I have recieved packages from dealers that did not have Perishable, Handle with care on them".... they did however have the up arrows. Some came with proper labeling.... some not.

I would advise to always add the insulation.... not only does it protect from temps... but it also protects from punctures (as it gives another layer between the item and herp).

I actually had a custom stamp made up that has "Live Animal" and an UP arrow. I wish my source had preprinted boxes with the arrows... Id just slap on my Harmless Reptile stickers.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #223
hhmoore
You can get your boxes from anyplace you want - FedEx doesn't care.
I use PERISHABLE and THIS SIDE UP stickers on my boxes, as I didn't get the preprinted ones.

Proper labeling is up to the individual, and should not be based upon what one can get away with (or without)...and the fact that some people don't bother doesn't make it right.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #224
Jerry_c_62
I agree that labeling according to the rules is something that should be done by all. I also have gotten packages labeled correctly and incorrectly.

I don't want to contribute in any way to the lowering of our hobby/business in the eyes of anyone. We have few enough friends as it is.

I already came up with an attachment for my boxes that has the arrows, handle with care and harmless reptiles information on it. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time trying to get approved, to find out I didn't make the grade do to a technicality.

Thank you all for your input.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #225
Southern Wolf
its not that difficult to get approved.

Just do you test box like there is a real herp inside.... complete with insulation on ALL sides, crumpled newspapers to help cushion the deli cup or snake bag.... and tape a heat pack to the side... it does not have to be activated.

You can check a box on the application to get your test box back so you dont waste the heat pack or the styrofoam.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #226
Jerry_c_62
Thanks again Kevin, Do you know where I can find that application? I tried a link in the post at the top of this forum but it must have been moved as it doesn't work any longer. I looked around on the fedex page but couldn't find it.

I opened an account tonight so I have things in the works. Hope it goes as well for me as it seems to have gone for you.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #227
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_c_62 View Post
Thanks again Kevin, Do you know where I can find that application? I tried a link in the post at the top of this forum but it must have been moved as it doesn't work any longer. I looked around on the fedex page but couldn't find it.

I opened an account tonight so I have things in the works. Hope it goes as well for me as it seems to have gone for you.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=285

Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #228
Southern Wolf
I'm Legal

Now time to start getting ads back up

Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #229
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
You can get your boxes from anyplace you want - FedEx doesn't care.
I use PERISHABLE and THIS SIDE UP stickers on my boxes, as I didn't get the preprinted ones.

Proper labeling is up to the individual, and should not be based upon what one can get away with (or without)...and the fact that some people don't bother doesn't make it right.
My boxes are preprinted, but I haven't seen any Harmless Live Reptile stickers...(so far, I have been making my own with black marker)..where are those found?

Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #230
Southern Wolf
The dealer I bought some leo's off of said he just made his up on the computer. He couldnt find a supplier either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
repster, reptster