Inquiry boagirl from Napanoch NY - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #231
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra0101 View Post
Diem,
that is by far the most insulting and upsetting thing anyone has ever said to me. I did not kill the snake. I have nothing to say to you. How dare you.

Brittany,
I owned up to the only mistake I've ever made (and that's not even involving the herp community). I said I was married because we had planned on being married soon so I said we were married. But again, that is MY personal life and you have no business questioning or involving yourself in it. I call the female a dinker because she is EXTREMELY bright yellow which the picture does not show. I plan on keeping her and breeding her in the future.
The GB was what I sold it as. I didn't sell it to you so whether you believe that or not is not my problem. I do not care.

I apologize if I come off as rude, but Diem's comment really ticked me off.
I don't know how you can say that and then continue to say how honest you are.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #232
Pythonbreeder99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
That is all sweet and sounds wonderful Cody but there is a few more things to consider. This is very much a business site not a playground.

Age isn't as important as maturity level. There are many minors here that conduct themselves professionally. I have done business with some and would with others.

This section is for feedback good or bad with sellers and buyers. It is risky enough doing business with anyone online. Add the facts that your dealing with a minor that you have less options when you are trying to resolve a problem, people have a right to know.

Heck, go read the first responses in this thread and the replies from this users account. I wouldn't buy from someone with that attitude no-matter age.

Your name is very important. Regardless if it was just her or her and her girlfriend, she lied several times, has little knowledge about what she/they were selling. The public has a right to know this things. It's not about just attacking someone as you suggest.

That is just big pile of crap. It's not about killing some kids dreams (also garbage) or just two minor mistakes. It really isn't about her either.

Its about Jane or John Doe putting forth their hard earned money and buying what they paid for. That's why this site began in the first place.

This seller has had attitude, lied, been disrespectful to peers, potential buyers, sellers and to this site that she wishes to use.

To tell people to quietly address any problems and not post does nothing for this community. If problems can't be resolved then it needs to be posted.

This all happened in the last what 7, 8 months? Sure she is young, new and the person who typed many of the posts under this account lacks a lot of maturity. She can improve her standing if she wishes. Many have done it right here. Admit the mistakes, learn, be honest and don't sell anything that you don't know about.

Nobody is here to crush kids dreams but the buying public also has a right to know who they are dealing with particularly if something goes wrong.

Right? Don't I and everyone else?

I hope she succeeds if she wants to stick around. It's good for all of us.

You are right. We were all young and all of us made mistakes. If you learn from them and improve then you can move on. I wish her good luck.

She's young a new and made some mistakes. True. She also acted immaturely and lied.

If she's honest , shows maturity and learns, she will have no problems here.

Just look at the so called admittance to a lie " I admit I lied ,
Still immature. It's not the only lie here and instead of saying sorry and working on gaining respect, went right to victim status for being caught telling falsehoods.

She wins by doing better. Telling people just to shut up because she is a kid does her no good.
I'm not at all denying that she has a lot to learn about how to conduct herself and do her research before she sells a snake. I was growing tired of reading page after page of people pointing out single lines or certain things she said that I know she didn't think through completely before pressing "Submit Reply" many posts I'm reading are nothing but rude cynical comments towards something she said, which I think we can all agree is unnecessary on a "Business Site". I was mainly asking to cool it with the personal attacks because I could point out a couple of them.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #233
Addie_P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythonbreeder99 View Post
I'm not at all denying that she has a lot to learn about how to conduct herself and do her research before she sells a snake. I was growing tired of reading page after page of people pointing out single lines or certain things she said that I know she didn't think through completely before pressing "Submit Reply" many posts I'm reading are nothing but rude cynical comments towards something she said, which I think we can all agree is unnecessary on a "Business Site". I was mainly asking to cool it with the personal attacks because I could point out a couple of them.
So let me get this straight. You're blaming us for her not thinking through her lies well enough to actually get away with them? I find it really hard to imagine everyone else in this thread being the bad guys for poking holes in one lie after another.

And insinuating that every 16 year old kid has told pathological lies to get themselves out of an obviously suspicious situation, is just completely unrealistic.

I'd also like to point out that she did indeed admit that the "marriage" was a lie - it wasn't a product of not thinking something through, but a lie that she clung on to dear life to throughout this whole thread. It's pretty obvious from some very light research, that Sienne Venn never even existed. Anyway, the whole reason for the marriage lie was to prove that another female lived in her house and was the culprit of creating an account from the same IP address as Sierra. Since she actually doesn't have a wife, it's safe to assume that Sierra was the one making this other account. And, come on, what kind of super honest person who has nothing to prove or hide has to make a second account on fauna to sell animals? I think it is more than obvious she was up to something. Whether her intent was malicious remains to be seen, but I think most people reading this thread have a pretty good idea of her intent.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #234
Tiki108
I like how we now have proof of her lies about the "accidental" boa breeding yet she's still holding that the marriage issue was the only lie. I'm curious what she has to say about that.

As for the death of the snake, saying the peanut analogy is invalid because peanuts aren't an allergy all kids have, a more valid analogy would be like a parent feeding their kid rat poison and then saying they didn't know it was toxic. Also it's silly to say your snakes are your children, would you buy, trade, and/or sell your children? What about purposefully breed your children and sell your grandkids? I sure hope not. I don't have kids right now, but I know when I have kids I won't do any of those things and would be more than devastated if one of my children died, but maybe I'm just weird.

This girl backpedals so much it's impossible to believe a word she says and she won't even own up to her lies, other than the marriage one, which I think is still a lie since I doubt the other girl existed whatsoever.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #235
Sierra0101
After reading all this over again, I realize now how immature and irresponsible I was with responding and conducting business. I guess as soon as someone started questioning me, I blew up. You all have made VERY good points this entire post. Points that deserve valid answers. Starting from the beginning, I ask that I can please start over.
Before I lived where I do now, I lived in a town not to far from here; Walden NY. It was there that I met Sienna. We were friends for the entire duration that I lived there. One night when I was at her house, her parents got drunk and asked us if we were married. As a joke, we played along and said we were. That became our inside joke. When I moved, we didn't quite grow apart. When I started getting into breeding reptiles, she wanted to be a part of it too. I made an account, and the next time she came over, she made one too from MY computer. When people started questioning, I didn't know why and made the stupid decision to let it anger me instead of being calm and explaining it. At that time, I didn't understand the proper use of the BOI and assumed I was being targeted. When asked about the same IP address, Sienna brought our little joke back up and said we were married, not knowing or caring how serious this is. I have a short rope, and didn't like how people were accusing me of doing things before I even got a chance to explain, so I instead flipped out and was rude to all who were involved. That was VERY wrong of me, was poor business and extremely immature. Please accept my sincerest apologies for my actions. Due to all the commotion, Sienna decided that this business was more trouble than it was worth and left. She REFUSED to take a picture of her ID and block out all but her name to prove I am not her. She showed no consideration that breeding reptiles is the first hobby I have ever had that I loved and stuck with. She did not care that her lies basically destroyed any chance I had at proving myself. I may have made some stupid decisions, but making a fake account is not one of them. As someone stated, I have no reason to. I feared what ridicule would be delivered at me if I stated the marriage was false, so I went with it. Again, a VERY stupid and irresponsible decision. I definitely got screwed a few times and didn't understand BP genetics as well as I do now back then. I believe I said she was similar looking to a few morphs, but not 100% those morphs. She was sold to me as a Pastel so that's why I said she was one. When I was corrected, I posted her for sale as a Dinker with similar looks to a few morphs. In person, this animal is a VERY bright gold, not dark brown like normal looking normals. Pictures do not do her justice. I've decided to keep her for future projects instead of selling her. As for the attack on not quarantining new animals, I was not practicing quarantine because I did not know what it was. I guess I figured people would send me an email or something with advice to participate in the quarantine practice instead of beating me down with a hammer because I did not know what it was. We are always learning, right? I have made some very wrong choices and I understand that. I jumped into the hobby with little to no knowledge and tried to rush into it. Again, not the best decision. Irresponsible. Ignorant. My husbandry required a lot of tweaking and I have improved it a lot since back then. I have no desire or need to lie about the genetics of the animals I have. Like I said, all I want to do is be successful in this hobby. I would not, for any reason, lie about the genetics of an animal and risk (any further) my future in this business just to make an extra buck. I have done business with quite a few people in the past few months and all were satisfied. All of the trades I have completed, the other person shipped first and then received the animals/items from me. I'm sure these people would be willing to validate this. I have not scammed anyone, nor do I plan to. All I want is a future in this hobby. I have made mistakes. We all do. I was an idiot. I was immature. I was stubborn. I am more than willing to answer questions. Please accept my sincerest apologies for my immature actions and for being so rude to you all. I appreciate the BOI for what it does. This thread has influenced me to grow up and take responsibility for my actions. Please give me another chance to prove that I am not who I showed myself to be, that I've matured and grown up. I may still not be ready for the business part of this hobby, but I would appreciate it if I was accepted for now as a learning enthusiast. I would not be offended if this post is believed to be a lie because of my past actions, but I do hope that in time, people can grow to trust me and forgive my actions.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #236
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
After reading all this over again, I realize now how immature and irresponsible I was with responding and conducting business. I guess as soon as someone started questioning me, I blew up. You all have made VERY good points this entire post. Points that deserve valid answers. Starting from the beginning, I ask that I can please start over.
Before I lived where I do now, I lived in a town not to far from here; Walden NY. It was there that I met Sienna. We were friends for the entire duration that I lived there. One night when I was at her house, her parents got drunk and asked us if we were married. As a joke, we played along and said we were. That became our inside joke. When I moved, we didn't quite grow apart. When I started getting into breeding reptiles, she wanted to be a part of it too. I made an account, and the next time she came over, she made one too from MY computer. When people started questioning, I didn't know why and made the stupid decision to let it anger me instead of being calm and explaining it. At that time, I didn't understand the proper use of the BOI and assumed I was being targeted. When asked about the same IP address, Sienna brought our little joke back up and said we were married, not knowing or caring how serious this is. I have a short rope, and didn't like how people were accusing me of doing things before I even got a chance to explain, so I instead flipped out and was rude to all who were involved. That was VERY wrong of me, was poor business and extremely immature. Please accept my sincerest apologies for my actions. Due to all the commotion, Sienna decided that this business was more trouble than it was worth and left. She REFUSED to take a picture of her ID and block out all but her name to prove I am not her. She showed no consideration that breeding reptiles is the first hobby I have ever had that I loved and stuck with. She did not care that her lies basically destroyed any chance I had at proving myself. I may have made some stupid decisions, but making a fake account is not one of them. As someone stated, I have no reason to. I feared what ridicule would be delivered at me if I stated the marriage was false, so I went with it. Again, a VERY stupid and irresponsible decision. I definitely got screwed a few times and didn't understand BP genetics as well as I do now back then. I believe I said she was similar looking to a few morphs, but not 100% those morphs. She was sold to me as a Pastel so that's why I said she was one. When I was corrected, I posted her for sale as a Dinker with similar looks to a few morphs. In person, this animal is a VERY bright gold, not dark brown like normal looking normals. Pictures do not do her justice. I've decided to keep her for future projects instead of selling her. As for the attack on not quarantining new animals, I was not practicing quarantine because I did not know what it was. I guess I figured people would send me an email or something with advice to participate in the quarantine practice instead of beating me down with a hammer because I did not know what it was. We are always learning, right? I have made some very wrong choices and I understand that. I jumped into the hobby with little to no knowledge and tried to rush into it. Again, not the best decision. Irresponsible. Ignorant. My husbandry required a lot of tweaking and I have improved it a lot since back then. I have no desire or need to lie about the genetics of the animals I have. Like I said, all I want to do is be successful in this hobby. I would not, for any reason, lie about the genetics of an animal and risk (any further) my future in this business just to make an extra buck. I have done business with quite a few people in the past few months and all were satisfied. All of the trades I have completed, the other person shipped first and then received the animals/items from me. I'm sure these people would be willing to validate this. I have not scammed anyone, nor do I plan to. All I want is a future in this hobby. I have made mistakes. We all do. I was an idiot. I was immature. I was stubborn. I am more than willing to answer questions. Please accept my sincerest apologies for my immature actions and for being so rude to you all. I appreciate the BOI for what it does. This thread has influenced me to grow up and take responsibility for my actions. Please give me another chance to prove that I am not who I showed myself to be, that I've matured and grown up. I may still not be ready for the business part of this hobby, but I would appreciate it if I was accepted for now as a learning enthusiast. I would not be offended if this post is believed to be a lie because of my past actions, but I do hope that in time, people can grow to trust me and forgive my actions.
Well, I think this is more realistic and honest. I would make a suggestion. Stick to the "learning enthusiast" part for awhile.

Learn, use the forums, buy what you like but I would hold off on business and selling.

Find out what you want to work with and produce your own animals to sell.
That way, you know what the heck you're talking about.

Good Luck.......

Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #237
Sierra0101
Thank you Dennis.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #238
lilnightmare
I think you did well admitting your mistakes.

But before attempting to breed anything I would suggest you take a year or 2 to learn everything and anything. As much as you probably don't think so, at your age your brain is quite spongelike when it comes to information.

Only buy your animals from reputable people and if you are not sure if it is what they say it is, ask for a 1st or 2nd opinion from someone you trust.

Read up on the way to and reasons for quarantine and any and all illnesses that can effect your snake.

Make sure you have some money put aside for any vet bills and housing etc for any babies you may have as you may not be able to sell them straight away.

I think then and only then should you consider breeding.

Just my 2p

Old 02-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #239
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnightmare View Post
I think you did well admitting your mistakes.
Well, she did admit that the marriage was a lie, but I seriously doubt that that was her only one.

Quote:
After reading all this over again, I realize now how immature and irresponsible I was with responding and conducting business. I guess as soon as someone started questioning me, I blew up. You all have made VERY good points this entire post. Points that deserve valid answers...
Coming clean can be cathartic, but I have to suspect that you've intentionally done a pretty half-hearted job of it. You showed a certain amount of vague contrition, without actually saying anything very specific. Aside from focusing on "Sienna". You may have done enough to convince some people of your sincerity, but I think there are some previous points of contention that need to be addressed.

Are you still standing by the following statement?
Quote:
Dan, I will say one last time that I came clean about the ONLY lie I've told this ENTIRE thread.

I am not a bad person to do business with. I AM honest. I am NOT "dangerous".
I have done NOTHING wrong. & YES I will continue to fight your accusations all the way because they are NOT true.
Your "marriage" is the only falsehood you've presented? I know you say that "Sienna" made the following claim, but I still don't believe she exists anywhere other than in your imagination. Either way, as it was made on your behalf, I think it's worth revisiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorG525
reticulated pythons are illegal to own in New York state with out a permit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoaQueen
I have a permit.
The following post raises some questions, to which you've given unsatisfactory answers.
Quote:
Thank you for confirming my identity. What I am trying to do is not possible without the help of my wonderful family. The PayPal is in my mothers name, and she has the certification to ship live reptiles. Her last name is the same as mine and if you chose to speak with her before I ship it is fine. The permit however is my fathers and he does not live with me nor does the reticulated python. When he comes over(not very often) he brings him. He asked me to place an ad, I did....
Are you still sticking with the story that you didn't have the retic in your physical possession, and that your dad drags it back and forth from Florida when he comes to visit? Not sure why "Sienna" would feel the need to claim anyone has a permit for a snake which supposedly lives about 1000 miles away. You also seem to have dodged the requests for proof of anyone involved actually having the FedEx shipping waiver.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #240
Sierra0101
Sienna made the claim that she had the permit when my father actually does or did. I don't know if you can lose something like that but I would imagine it is possible. He rehomed the retic a while back I know that much. My father is very irresponsible and has had many run ins with the law and landed himself in jail so I could only imagine they revoked his priviledge to own such a large and (believed to be) such a dangerous constrictor i made the mistake about the fedex certification. We ship via SYR so I thought she had to be certified to use it but then I found out you don't. I apologize for that. I didn't know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!