Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #231
MMoore
Well Bobby called me earlier today I was kind of shocked also lol. He told me the same as chad that he had been in the hospital and had just got home and that he would be shipping our tegu tomorrow. I really hope we all get our babies.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #232
Lucille
I am hoping that everyone gets their tegus, we will see what tomorrow brings. If Bobby is ill, I hope he gets well soon.
IF the delay was due to illness, I'm wondering why whoever put up the notice on his site about deposits for next year's tegus could not have also put up a notice that there would be a delay in shipping due to the illness? It would have avoided a lot of confusion and hard feelings.
Of course, that still does not explain how he has treated some people, notably the Irish dude:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=varnyard

Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #233
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
IF the delay was due to illness, I'm wondering why whoever put up the notice on his site about deposits for next year's tegus could not have also put up a notice that there would be a delay in shipping due to the illness?
Exactly. He had the ability and inclination to update his website, soliciting for MoneyGram deposits, but was somehow unable to compose a single mass-email outlining the situation to those he already owed? I don't buy it.

Assuming that it's not just another stall tactic, a very big assumption, I'd be more inclined to believe that it's a matter of a lot of pressure finally coming to bear. I think many people actually followed through in filing complaints with the proper authorities, and are actively seeking legal recourse; as opposed to just smiling and assuming the position. Whatever the impetus may be, I hope that the shipments actually materialize, this time around.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #234
Brads CBB
Hes sick,a new excuse,I seriously hope everyone receives what they paid for,But I got tired of talking to my wife and hearing Bobby say next monday...monday monday.... monday ..a month and a half hearing im shipping next monday,thats all we heard ...He has cried wolf way too many times for me to ever think of giving him my money again.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #235
Ed Clark
I think Bobby Hill is having a hard time avoiding the pressure coming his way.

He has been making lame excuses since 2011 why he can not ship. his latest excuse is one of many, yet he is choosing to ship to a select few. like a recent whole sale order. it will be interesting to see if he actually ships to those he has told recently he will or will he continue with excuses after the agreed shipping date?

This cat is a bad egg people please don't hold your breath waiting on Bobby Hill.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #236
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddaniel View Post
I called him again and he answered and I was shocked but he was very nice and said he has been in the hospital and that he is sending my tegu Monday, he was very nice, lets hope he's for real..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoore View Post
Well Bobby called me earlier today I was kind of shocked also lol. He told me the same as chad that he had been in the hospital and had just got home and that he would be shipping our tegu tomorrow. I really hope we all get our babies.
Hmm, just how long was he in that hospital? Since at least June of this year? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=325109

Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #237
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoore View Post
I have been reading this thread and taking it all in. I used to know Bobby personally, I thought I knew him well. Apparently I was wrong, because the Bobby I thought I knew would have died before scamming people. I am very disappointed.

As far as the "being in the hospital" excuse, isn't that what Bobby would have said is "in the scammers handbook" for common excuses?

Its sad how the mighty have fallen and I sure do hope you all get your money back. It is another scar on the herp community and it makes us trust everyone a bit less. I mean, if you can't trust someone like Bobby, who can you trust? At least that is how it feels to me.

In the earlier parts of this thread I had hopes that Bobby would come here and explain himself and make it right. I have now given up on that idea totally, even before seeing that he is taking deposits on animals who are nothing more than a dream at this point. And asking for money grams? Seriously, could that say scammer more?

If by some miracle Bobby comes through for you guys, please let us know.

I am so sorry to all who have been ripped off and more disappointed in Bobby than I have been in another human being in a very long time.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #238
blokhedd
Email Correspondence from april til now

Re: Deposit on normal Argentine tegu

Hide Details
Bobby, Varnyard Herps Inc.

TO:
Donald
Message flagged Thursday, August 2, 2012 8:11 AM
I like the Power Sun by Zoo-Med

Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,
www.Varnyard-Herps-inc.com
www.TegusForSale.com

To: "Bobby, Varnyard Herps Inc." <twoteals@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2012 2:11 AM
Subject: Re: Deposit on normal Argentine tegu

Hello, im sorry to bother you but my enclosure is indoor and wanted to know which in your opinion is the best uva/uvb/heat bulb for a tegu? Exo Terra: Solar Glo, Zoo Med: Power Sun, or the Reptile UV: Mega Ray?
DW

You just sent a payment
Transaction ID: 71H44052T1629133P
Hello Donald,

Thanks for using PayPal. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
bobby hill
twoteals@yahoo.com
Note to bobby hill
You haven't sent a note.
Shipping address - confirmed

United States
Total $75.00 USD
Payment $75.00 USD
Payment sent to bobby hill

Re: Deposit on normal Argentine tegu

Hide Details
Bobby, Varnyard Herps Inc.

TO:
blokhedd@yahoo.com
Message flagged Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:02 AM
Great news, the babies are hatching and they will be ready to ship in three weeks, I sent the PayPal request for the balance.

Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,
www.Varnyard-Herps-inc.com
www.TegusForSale.com

To: bobby hill <twoteals@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 11:55 PM
Subject: Deposit on normal Argentine tegu