"MnJ" Snake, Tortoise, Reptile Rescue - VA ??? - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:45 PM   #261
3DKDK
i'm a christian, i was born in a chirstian family and have been going to church for the past 15 years of my life

Old 05-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #262
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcirca
..He actually has his name posted, he just signed his post. Nick is posting under a different account than what Mike is. Did you notice the "2" in Nick's name?..either way they both sound and type the same.
ah actually no I did not notice there were two nearly identical names. Just saw the first part of the username and the posting style LOL.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #263
mnjsnakerescue
well they were similar in name but this is michael not nick and my posting style is bad i know this but to let all you know this is my name on here and this is michael not nick

Old 05-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #264
3DKDK
we can see that, you show manner in your posts

Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 AM   #265
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DKDK
i'm a christian, i was born in a chirstian family and have been going to church for the past 15 years of my life
I'm betting that if you are a real christian you don't lie and use the reprehensible language Nick did either.

Mr. & Mrs. Davis,
You might be surprised at the number of Herpetoculturists and who take in “rescues” in this country. They are not solicited rescues nor do these Herpetoculturists post ads asking for donations of equipment or monies to subsidize their efforts. The majority love the animals and do it out of that love. Respectable independent Herpetoculturists do not try to profit from free animals.
The rescued animals are put into quarantine, taken to vets, fed and treated for problems at the Herpetoculturists personal expense. When the time comes that the animals are okay to be safely sent on to new homes these expenses are not recovered and the animals are not sold for market value by most people. Some Herpetoculturists offer their rescues for a minimal fee, far below market, and others, like my wife and I, just give them away glad to know they have a good home. We do not have contracts and applications with threats of legal action. The real focus is to provide a good home to the animals not trying to pretend you are some form of official rescue by writing out ridiculous contracts. That is the kind of stuff the 501c does because they have hoops to jump through and regulations to follow. That is also one of the reasons the 501s end up not finding homes for many animals and some are euthanize many animals that independent Herpetoculturists would have found homes for.
On a personal note, my wife and I just took in our 16th and 17th Green Iguana rescues and this is the first time we have gotten anything out of a rescue. The old owner gave us the undersized enclosure they were being kept in with all the decorations she had purchased, mostly things made for Anoles and Leopard Geckos.
Both need special care for a while but should eventually recover to the point they can be given to a new home.
Thus far we have re-homed 13 Greens with the only rewards being the warm feeling we got from knowing they had a good home and making some new friends.
If you really love the animals let the donations go to the 501s, who really need them, and take in what animals come your way as they come, free of charge.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #266
mnjsnakerescue
Mr. John E Dover

Yeah i know what your talking about and i am going to take out those silly ass things my wife thought we needed but i did not think it was nessary but she did so you backed up my point on that and i thank you for that because she can be hard headed sometimes anyways i was thinking on for the fee to actually be a donation for the local spca or a real good org that really needs the funds actually i been thinking on it alot i just do not know which one to actually do yet but it is in the works honestly i would love to help the childerns medical fund but my wife thinks we should do it for a animal shelter or spca i am torn on this because there is so many childern out there sick and need our help and i figured with the help from us helping placing the reptile in a good home that part is covered and then with the fee could go towards the childern does that sound like a good plan because i know other shelters and all need it but i am also thinking of the childern in the hospital as well what do you think on this i could use the advice on it thank you again

Old 05-24-2008, 01:41 AM   #267
3DKDK
can you please say something that we can believe at least? please

Old 05-24-2008, 01:44 AM   #268
John E Dove
I have little knowledge on the Reptile Rescues out your way but that would be my choice for donations. My reasoning would be ASPCA gets lots of donations and very little is done by them toward reptiles in comparison to what is done toward Mammals.
Children's causes applaudable but again does nothing for the reptilians that are your focus.
Better still why not just give the rescue animals to good homes, after they are sure to be healthy and problem free, and save the exchange of money for your breeding enterprise.
You'll never get rich breeding and will be lucky to break even but keeping the rescue efforts separate will earn you a better reputation and more respect amongst your peers.
And if it were me I would not allow your friend to be tied to your efforts in any way until he learns how to do things correctly. Not saying break the friendship just attempt to guide him into being more publically acceptable before allowing him to stand in your shadow in relation to business and rescues. At present your mixed profiles is a lode stone around your neck that draws negativity toward you from respectable members of the herpetoculture community. You really do not need negative reactions from your peers or your betters. And let's face facts, there are many who are our betters in regard to knowledge and experience in this community. They are the ones we can learn from bettering ourselves in the process. To alienate them is to cut off our own nose.

I understand that Nick may have a youth following do to his style but that will fade to none but the miscreants as those who are really interested in reptiles learn how much his misinformation and poor advice is harming their animals.

ps. As a side note, I think it was your video that showed some enclosures you were building, the video showed the light hanging inside the enclosure, not a good idea if you want to avoid the reptile getting burned.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:45 AM   #269
mnjsnakerescue
3dkdk believe me or not i do not care honestly one way or another i am not here to impress you nor am i here to make you believe me i am stating facts and answering everyones questions as they come up so sorry if you do not believe me thats on you and your entitled to your opinion i been around here all day and most of the night to answer all these people questions they may have my email address is known on here by now i am sure of it if anyone wants to ask me more i will be glad to answer but thank you for taking the time to post your opinion

Old 05-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #270
mnjsnakerescue
Hello again John the custom enclosures do have screen covering over them when i showed the vid it was just being finished and i have not yet installed it on there i agree with you on not letting them get burnt that would not be a good thing at all thats why when i did that i made sure to have a cover over it also the heat will not be coming from that source this week coming we have heat panels we was thinking on installing or heat tape just deciding on which to use at this moment and i am in contact with a good supplier of helix thermostates and heat tape and panels and he is awsome and great and knows his stuff when it comes to breeding he has been helping me out on issues that i do not know and believe me noone in this hooby knows it all and thats a true fact we all learn and never stop learning thats whats so great about this hobby it is full of fun and learning and Nick is also learning and listening to people it is the ones who rubs him the wrong way that he goes after like that he just stands up for what he believes in honestly and believes he needs to stand up for himself thats all he is a nice guy once given a chance and believe me he loves learning as with the best of us on here about this hobby

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
michael davis