Bad Guy DTS Herps - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #261
snakesareawesome
Dan is not a rip off artist. Was there a specific complaint you had against him or did you randomly drag up a 10 year old post (sorry if I missed a specific complaint). I bought a pair of snakes from Dan a couple years ago, a hard to find species, still doing great.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:16 PM   #262
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Yeah, really. He went to film school. So special.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:16 AM   #263
kingpinreptiles
I really dont want to beat a dead horse (Sloan), but just want to say its impossible to turn Sloan over to the authorities when he is already working with them. Anybody unaware with Sloan should know he lives in TX and offers protected species from TX for the sole purpose of letting Fish & Game bust them. Sloan is a snitch, a scammer, a insert dirty words here ______. He is all of that.
Now, that being said, in this super weird, way too long thread about Dan Scolaro. I want to tell you all, that 15 years ago, my entire life began when Dan started sending me snakes. For years and years I bought tons of cool stuff from him and never had any problems. Im not saying hes not hard headed and stuck in his ways, because he very much is. Hes an older guy so not really on point with technology, but thats not really his fault is it??? Lets compare Scolaro to Bob Applegate... There is hardly a difference between the two yet Applegate has zero bad guy threads about him.
Applegate has since sold all of his animals, but before he did so I was one of the few trying to get his mexican milk snakes. Basically Bob said "i want this much, and i cant take pics"... the whole deal ended with me having to send a friend in CA to drive to Bobs house to collect them and ship them to me BECAUSE BOB COULDNT SHIP. Look, Dan shipped so many things to me over the years, he has sent me so many pictures of so many things, yet Applegate is a God, and Dan is scum? I started buying and selling reptiles online when I was 12-13, and am now 28 and this is what I do for a living. I have Dan, in part, to thank for that, because he was the first person to deal with young me. But I am not biased, having grown up as internet stuff and computer stuff was really booming, I fully understand old school breeders problems with technology. Not everybody understands internet lingo or knows what a screenshot does, Dan knows as much as Bob Applegate. Remember that. Dan is really not a bad guy, he buys from local wholesalers and resells, some stuff he breeds, theres hundreds of guys like him in Florida. He still has an insane amount of knowledge to contribute, and is very much the last of a dying breed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!