BAD GUY, Again - Matt @ MG Reptiles - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #261
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Your "comments" accused the man of altering emails to make himself look better. And you dont feel the need to apologize when you found out you were wrong?
Really! Griz, you should apologize. You were wrong.
Quote:
Those emails still do not sound like the Matt I know
Not the Matt I know either, but nothing would surprise me at this point. I would not make any insinuation towards anyone who posts on the BOI without something solid to go on. I remember the first person who posted neg. about Matt and accused him of lying a few years ago got read the riot act by just about everyone here. Most likely Matt has lied to almost everyone who has dealt with him at some point or another.
Maybe this can offer some insight into Matts plight, I have worried over posting it, but.... A couple years ago me and Matt split a lg. roll of Flexwatt, it was shipped to me , split, Matt paid for his half right away, but I looked at his website and on KS and he was selling it for less than he paid. The reason we split the roll is because Matt told me the company that produces it was making assertions of unpaid bills, and Matt could not acquire it directly.
I feel like Matt "burst" on the scene like hell on wheels, driven to be the biggest or the best, but had no business plan.
As far as the speculation that he is on some type of "meds" to react the way he does to customers, I can think of know other explanation, but wouldn't he "come down" at some point and feel remorse? Or perhap it is a mental breakdown, which would come as absolutely no shock to me. Either way. He used to have and deserve much admiration from me, but that is history.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #262
Griz
Shrap, go to bed my friend. You're jumping to conclusions and I did NOT deserve that last comment..... Sometimes you still need to find the benefit and give it where there's doubt......

Anyways, keep in mind that there was a good 12 hours between my first post and my last one. I had THOUGHT that my original email simply implied that something was amiss with those emails. I still say they do not add up and for that I won't apologize. But, after going back and rereading my original post, my thoughts simply were not conveyed in the manner that I had remembered.

My intent was simply that the emails sounded odd. They did not sound like Matt's emails. I've not known Matt to use that offensive of language nor did the manner in which it was written add up to me. Something was/is amiss there and that was all I had thought I had implied.

But, after rereading that email, I can see where my intent was not properly conveyed and that my post very much could have/should have insulted Sam. I, to be blunt, had forgotten about the embellished portion. I simply read the new posts and then replied having not even thought that my original post could have been insulting to Sam and for THAT I owe an apology.

Now, for any confusion that my original post created, I WILL apologize for that as my intent was NOT to insult you Sam and if you took offense then my apologies. But I won't apologize for what I thought my true intent meant which was that something was amiss. I still feel that way although the "something" sounds more like it's on Matt's side. Make sense?

Griz

Old 04-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #263
Serafim
Griz

If you go back some threads I did recieve an unwarranted Email from Matt that was dripping with profanity in fact there was nothing but profanity. And to top it off he went out and created another account to send such emails. I think its obvious that Matt is slipping further down the spiral.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #264
Griz
And that's the part that has been so disheartening. I've hoped that he would pull himself out of this and each time this thread gets added to I lose more and more hope for that outcome. It's just a shame that it all boils down to this.

Griz

Old 04-22-2007, 12:11 AM   #265
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Now, for any confusion that my original post created, I WILL apologize for that as my intent was NOT to insult you Sam and if you took offense then my apologies. But I won't apologize for what I thought my true intent meant which was that something was amiss. I still feel that way although the "something" sounds more like it's on Matt's side. Make sense?

Griz
Reptile Kings, I am editing the above as it still did not come across correctly for me.

Now, for any confusion that my original post created, I WILL apologize for that as my intent was NOT to insult you Sam and if you took offense (which you should have based upon my comment this morning) then my sincerest apologies. But I won't apologize for what I thought my true intent meant which was that something was amiss. I still feel that way although the "something" sounds more like it's on Matt's side. Make sense?

Griz

Old 04-22-2007, 12:31 AM   #266
shrap
Quote:
Shrap, go to bed my friend. You're jumping to conclusions ...
Since you seem to be the one in need of rest I will break this down for you in easy to understand terms.

Quote:
The emails, to be blunt, sound as if they were slightly embellished on. While no one here is questioning Matt's character (we all know where it currently lays), the emails you purported to receive from Matt do not add up. Once you forward the emails and headers to Doc we can tell from there whether they are factual. The headers will tell us word count etc and we'll go by that.
That post accused Sam of altering emails and flat out questioning their authenticity. There is no other way to put it, you were flat out accusing the man.

I said you owed him an apology when the truth came out.

The truth came out that he did not alter the emails.

You said you did not owe anyone an apology for your "comments".

I insinuated that a real man of integrity would apologize for falsely accusing someone. If there was any doubt about what your initial post meant then I would have given you some benefit. But your initial post was flat out accusing the man of doctoring emails. Regardless of what you are trying to say now.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:39 AM   #267
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Since you seem to be the one in need of rest I will break this down for you in easy to understand terms.

That post accused Sam of altering emails and flat out questioning their authenticity. There is no other way to put it, you were flat out accusing the man.

I said you owed him an apology when the truth came out.

The truth came out that he did not alter the emails.

You said you did not owe anyone an apology for your "comments".

I insinuated that a real man of integrity would apologize for falsely accusing someone. If there was any doubt about what your initial post meant then I would have given you some benefit. But your initial post was flat out accusing the man of doctoring emails. Regardless of what you are trying to say now.
No Sam, what you should have done was read my second post and realized that it did not jive with my first one. You should have, based upon yours and my reputation with each other, realized that something was amiss and sought more information. Instead, you flat out tell this board that I am:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrap
Wow. I am learning more about peoples character everyday. Just who in the hell are the good guys anymore?
What, now due to an oversight on my part I am no longer on on your Good Guy list? You can that easily mark someone off your list despite all of our correspondance? Man Sammy, I would hate to live in your world. The world where all has to be right or else. Glass houses Sammy, glass houses.

I made an oversight and very quickly corrected it and apologize. I COMPLETELY overlooked where my first post had pointed when I had made my second post and have apologized what, 3 times now?

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sammy. I'd tell you the feelings were mutual but there not. I don't work that way when it comes to my friends.

Griz

Old 04-22-2007, 12:49 AM   #268
shrap
Bob,

If you cant really understand why I was shocked when you said you would not apologize then I dont know what to say. You tried to make it out like I had no reason what so ever to question you about not apologizing.

Since that time yes you have cleared up what you meant and apologized, but not before hand and not before trying to make it seem like I was totally unjustified in why I was looking at this the way I was.

And no Bob I did not write you off as a good guy or as a friend, I just insinuated that not apologizing for falsely accusing someone is not the actions of a good guy or someone that I have always had the utmost respect for.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #269
Griz
Hell Sammy, you absolutely should have called me to the mat. I am not questioning that. What I am offended by is your comment at the end of....where did all of the good guys go? Or the negative karma you left me stating "I guess you ain't the guy I thought you were".

What? Was I suppose to be happy to have a friend make those comments when addressing me? I apologized to Reptile Kings as I was in the wrong. Plain and simple.

You do NOT owe me an apology for calling me to the mat. You owe me an apology for what you insinuated. I was/am insulted. I deserved the calling to the mat. I did not deserve the additional comments. That's my point Sammy.

Griz

PS I will be in Indy this next week if you want to get together to pick up the your boa. Let me know.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:07 AM   #270
Griz
Sammy, if I am going to continue this I will do it via PM with you. I don't want to distract from Matt's well deserved thread.

Griz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!